Thread: is this a tag specific to the 'S'

is this a tag specific to the 'S'

on my friend's '71 S, haven't seen this before. is this one of those S specific things? any help much appreciated. thanks, Don.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=385905

I don't think it has anything to do with being an S. I think it is a tag installed by some European shop because they serviced the car. I think AMAG is a large well known German dealer, or independent. I have seen similar tags attached to cars that were serviced by Sonauto, the French Porsche dealer. Hopefully we'll get some more expert answers on this.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Swiss Originated

If I'm not mistaken, I believe AMAG is the Swiss importer of Porsche. Cars originally imported into Switzerland and sold through their dealer network received a "secondary" VIN plate, if you will, with the AMAG designation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Milou?
    J-P
    S Registry #949

also, you may contact Swiss vehicule dept. (for about $ 60) to get all previous
    swiss owners if you can provide papers shwoing you are the new rightful owner.
    PM me if you need more details.
    Registry member No.773

Similar Threads

1. Very specific tire questions
    By lexatola in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
  2. 2.2S specific rubber parts
    By Alan.uk in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:00 AM
  3. Monty MFI-specific muffler