Thread: WTB webasto heater "timer" box

old softie67S

WTB webasto heater "timer" box

I have been on a search for a missing electical control for a Webasto heater. I started a thread on Pelican but have not found one. If you have an early parts car or boxes of old parts, I would appreciate you seeing if you have a spare. The Pelican thread has images of the part I am looking for.

Thanks

Tom

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=385015
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Heater

It takes a brave man to fire up a 40 year old gasoline heater. Please move your car out of the garage, have a large fire bottle ready and put you local fire department on standby. I do believe there is a guy on Colorado that can service and rebuild the unit for you. Good luck Ron

old softie67S

warning accepted

I know, I know, I feel like I am part of the Christmas classic movie with the red rider bb gun

Watch out, you will shoot your eye out!

I guess I want to have all the parts in place and the illusion I could use it as opposed to actually using it. To be honest, my heater boxes will drive me out of the car in Massachusetts in Novemeber. I have no lack of heat, I just want the car to be complete.
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab

Do you feel lucky?

We are probably the only few guys east of LA that drive 911's in the winter and the only guys east of Denver that drive them in January (only without salt on the road). I would gladly donate the parts to you from my original 37,000 miles original 1965 911 if you want to try them in your car. I NEVER intend to try the heater EVER. PLEASE e-mail me direct to tell me where to pull the parts from my car for yours. Thanks Ron rthomas@heattfs.com PS can I buy your car after the fire?

old softie67S

Don't realy drive the car in the winter

Absolutely enjoy it late fall for the New England foliage. And there are many a dry road November day when I will sneak it out for a ride. Other than a car washing, It hasn't seen water as rain or snow in 20+ years.
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab

old softie67S

I must decline your offer

With the bickering I have seen on the forum, your generous offer is truly a great gesture, and is a great example of what this forum community should be all about. Helping each other Unless you baby has been hot rodded to the point it is not restorable to original, which I do not believe to be the case, please do not remove your heater or any other part, if you intend to use it or not. I would not want anyone to sacrafice the originality of their car for mine.

And if I am a dumb ass and burn it up, You will be my first call. Admire and appreciate your gesture. Best personal regards. tom

Quote Originally Posted by ret9191
    We are probably the only few guys east of LA that drive 911's in the winter and the only guys east of Denver that drive them in January (only without salt on the road). I would gladly donate the parts to you from my original 37,000 miles original 1965 911 if you want to try them in your car. I NEVER intend to try the heater EVER. PLEASE e-mail me direct to tell me where to pull the parts from my car for yours. Thanks Ron rthomas@heattfs.com PS can I buy your car after the fire?
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab

parts

No problem on the parts, since you probably cant see them a donation would not be an isue, take it on loan and return it when you get another. Who knows the heater still might not work or yet something worse? By the way I have a Eiberspach gas heater in my 63 356 and I wont try that one either!