Well I knew this might happen…I am leaning more and more towards selling my 71 S Targa. Let me quickly explain why; first I am in the last stages of finishing my 70 coupe vintage racer and secondly we are expecting our first child in the end of March...so in reality it does not make sense right now or the foreseeable future to have two Porsche's in the garage. I do NOT need to sell the Targa and if I do I will not be giving it away - so bargain hunters this car does not apply.

I have owned the Targa for almost two years now and was bought locally here in Colorado. The car has had some restoration completed prior to my purchase (incorrect T motor completely rebuilt, complete body and paint, interior, Targa top rebuilt by Jim Brown, etc.). The restoration was completed locally and by reputable Porsche shops. The interior was incorrectly restored with wrong vinyl and seats and unfortunately the paint color was changed from the original silver metallic to Bahia Red. Other than these issues the car was an excellent driver.

After buying the Targa I immediately began the restoration by changing out the incorrect items…which led into other major projects. In brief I completed a suspension refurbish (I mean everything) that included new Koni's, Elephant bushings, Brake Caliper rebuild, Turbo Tie-Rods, Ball Joints, all parts powdercoated, etc., complete interior refurbish (I mean everything), Autos International vinyl for all panels, GTS Classics drivers Monte Carlo seat, PEP seat belts, etc., complete engine rebuild on original 2.2S motor (with proper MFI) with new M&K muffler, Carrera oil cooler that has been gone thru by Pacific, 911/01 tranny has been gone thru, etc. etc.. Currently the car is at Eisenbud’s in Denver waiting for the engine install and break in and tune along with some other minor clean up items. After this is completed it will be road worthy and will need NOTHING.

I would not hesitate adding this car to any collection; however, this car is NOT concourse. I bought it and have restored it to be an excellent driver with many improvements, not to see how many points I can score (been there and done that with Mustangs and Corvettes).

I have spent thousands (you guys will know how much) on this car and I have kept all receipts; I even have receipts for the car back to the early 90's and some other documentation. I do have a price in mind for the Targa. So if you are actively looking for an early S Targa then please shoot me an email or give me a call and we can discuss the car in detail.

In addition I have tons of pictures of the restoration that has been completed and others, but they are too big to post here (if someone can help me reduce I will post them up here).

Thanks,

Sam
303-886-1075