Thread: Info needed: 1966/67 Blaupunkt Bremen

Info needed: 1966/67 Blaupunkt Bremen

Radio Heads,

Any details or pics of the radio on my Kardex for a "Blaupunkt-Radio Bremen 160.956" would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Allen-

Dittos for a 68

Just got my COA for my 68 SWT. It also came with a "Bremen". Any help on finding the right one would be appreciated.

Also, the COA stated that the car came originally with a Ski Rack. I live in Florida but it sure would be cool to have the only 911 Targa in Florida with a factory ski rack....any assistance on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Allen,

The 160.956 might be the Blaupunt serial number since those numbers are 6 digit starting w/ a letter. I am afraid you have to crawl under your dashboard and check

Since your number is on your factory card you kind of know that your radio was installed at the factory instead of the dealer (those numbers are not mentioned at factory cards).

For general information about Blaupunkt radio's 1950- 1965(68) I suggest you take a look at the website of Charlie White

http://members.aol.com/porshalaka/De...nktRadios.html

Thanks for the base.

Richard

Thanks but

Richard,

I dont' see the '67 Bremen pictured or info.

-Allen-

PS It is a pet peeve of mine that Mr. White refuses to change his 356 info on US "green dial" radios--they have white dials and it is been thoughly documnted on the 356 list. However, I should of course mention that Charlie generally has provided invaluable information for Porsche lovers.

Jason:

For all that's been said about COA's, does yours seem pretty accurate? I've never gotten one, and hesitate because of some people's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Microgator
    Just got my COA for my 68 SWT. It also came with a "Bremen". Any help on finding the right one would be appreciated.

Also, the COA stated that the car came originally with a Ski Rack. I live in Florida but it sure would be cool to have the only 911 Targa in Florida with a factory ski rack....any assistance on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

Recently

a good friend I met from this list and then in person supplied me with a copy of my original Kardex. I was surprised to see that my COA was in fact "pretty accurate." Actually, what you see here is my first C of A which had electric mirror, poorly translated from left mirror. Now I know, they also made a mistake on my production date, a "typo" off by 1 but still. Here are both.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Accuracy of COA

Roger:

Not sure how accurate it is. The engine number and chasis appear to be correct. The external temp gauge is listed on the COA which is pretty rare as I understand and does, in fact, exist on the car. The radio and antenna are listed and I believe correct. The ski rack is certainly possible? Don't know about the production date.

Does that help?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E
    Radio Heads,

Any details or pics of the radio on my Kardex for a "Blaupunkt-Radio Bremen 160.956" would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Doing some web surfing I was able to locate a guy in the Netherlands who has a U.S. 912 with a factory Bremen. He was kind enough to take some photos. Here is what a circa 1966/67 Bremen looks like.
    -Allen-

Don't pay attention to the knobs which are incorrect for a Porsche but this is what a 67 (letter code X) Bremen looks like. The only difference that I see w/ the 912 is the marking on the first button.

Regards,

Richard

Restoration newbie.
    I have a spare Bremen, no knobs unfortunately. I have read of
    the knobs being made up from the gas/hood pulls.

PM me if interested.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]