Thread: Blaupunkt Frankfurt Experts - Help needed Please - Pics

Blaupunkt Frankfurt Experts - Help needed Please - Pics

Hey all. I recently acquired a Frankie in pretty good shape and am going to install it in my 71T. I need some help IDing the radio vintage and what the connections are at the rear of the radio. Unfortunately, the radio did not have its labels - they are long since gone. I did take a pic of the manual that came with it - maybe that will help? What year does this look to be from? I think that some of the years this style was available, the AM station numbering ascended from left to right and some years they descended, correct? What years - does anyone know?

Also, I need help with the connections on the back. Let's go left to right... the recessed connection is the antenna and the ground is the spade (correct??). What is the multipin connector that has the cover I am holding back? Over on the right side the two plastic lined connector holes are for the speakers correct? There is a speaker icon just above and to the right of the top one. Is one connection positive and the other negative or is this for a stereo model? Finally, is the male spade connector just below the speaker connections for the incoming power?

Thanks to all that can help me with this.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Whoops, forgot the pics.

Sorry guys, I clicked too quick.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

As I recall you have the connections correct. I was under the impression that the multi-pin connector is for an 8 track or some other device.

On a side note it would be nice to find out how to plug an Ipod into that connector...
    -Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074

speaker connection

you are correct about speaker connection.
    it is a mono and there is no common ground.
    the speaker plug has 2 round prongs almost like a european
    A/C power plug. you other thoughts are also correct.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Koenig in Germany sells an ipod plug connector to the Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
    It fits into the multipin connector on the back of the radio.
    You'll get mono sound but it works perfectly and its needs no modifications on original equipment.

here:
    http://koenigs-classic.de.dd12414.ka...x.php?cPath=55
    Registry member No.773

Thanks for the responses guys. So, on the speaker connections, is one a + and the other - ? Which is which? Also, does anyone know where to get those connection pins - Radio Shack?

I have ID'd the radio specific wires on both my cars (they are identical, so I could confirm that they are correct and part of the original harness). I am going by memory here and I think one is a ground, one is red with brown stripe, and one is blue with a yellow stripe. I could be wrong about the red wire as I am going from memory. Ground connection is easy, but what about the other two wires? Can anyone help with this? Thanks.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T