Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi's website

Audi's website

Nice Audi website:
    http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/audi_brand.html

Check out the even nicer pages describing their R8.

Sherwood

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar

S5 - Wow!

As much as I enjoy my P-Cars, I live and work in the heart of this heavily traffic'd city of Atlanta. As such, a well appointed urban assault vehicle with all of the desired creature features tends to be the best choice for my office lease/daily driver.

As the end of my Lexus GS 430 lease approaches this Spring I took note of a new kid on the block, Audi's recently introduced S5. I test drove one last Saturday and gotta say it is one helluva coupe. 354 hp/6-speed manual, 0-60 in 4.9, really nice sport seats and extremely well equipped with Bluetooth/Satellite Radio/14-speaker, 505 watt Bang & Olufsen stereo/keyless/NAV, etc. All that crap that gets me through my work day so I can get home, relax and enjoy/appreciate my Porsches.

Unfortunately they are very hard to come by (the Audi dealer I visited here in Atlanta has only delivered 2 so far) but at the same time that nails one of my key criteria for my daily; a car you don't pass another of 10 times on the way to work. I love the uniqueness, something the Lexus has clearly lost.

I put a deposit down and they're thinking they may have the specific car I ordered by maybe June. Gonna be a long wait.

Check it out here http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/n...udi_A5/S5.html

Also, at $58k fully loaded it is definately underpriced in comparison to the market!
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

I have the hots for an R8. Let's see how much they'll want locally and how it compares to a Turbo. If the price is right I might please the Piechs and not the Porsches
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Ed - that's a great car. I've seen a few around the Detroit area and they have a real presence on the road in amongst traffic. Was also checking one out up close at the Auto Show yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2POINT7
    As the end of my Lexus GS 430 lease approaches this Spring I took note of a new kid on the block, Audi's recently introduced S5.

Unfortunately they are very hard to come by (the Audi dealer I visited here in Atlanta has only delivered 2 so far) but at the same time that nails one of my key criteria for my daily; a car you don't pass another of 10 times on the way to work. I love the uniqueness, something the Lexus has clearly lost.

I put a deposit down and they're thinking they may have the specific car I ordered by maybe June. Gonna be a long wait.

Check it out here http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/n...udi_A5/S5.html
    Well, I was notified by my Audi dealer yesterday that they expect to receive one more S5 this year and that I am looking at Fall of '09 for delivery of the one I ordered about a month ago. Needless to say I swung by there today and collected my deposit.

Back to the drawing board for a new office lease, creature comfort rich, city stomper. Maybe an M3, a 335i retractable, Boxster S or maybe a 2-year lease on an VW R32. What else should I be looking at?
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Tony,

You nailed it! That appears to be the exact car I had ordered. White over red 6-speed manual, carbon fiber trim with Nav system and B&O sound system. The MSRP of the one I had ordered was $58,015, this one is $58,610. Probably includes the one single option I didn't order, some kind of alert deal if you start to change lanes and there is a car beside you (aka option for the blind ).

I'll call them first thing tomorrow and see if they really have it. If so, I'll owe you some kind of finder's something or other.

Thanks very much!
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

old softie67S

Audi s cars

The Audi S cars are great cars for a car lover. I have had a S4 carbriolet for 2 years. Very refined and comfortable. Solid as a rock. A 340 hp aluminum v8 mated to a 6 speed tip with steering wheel paddles. Happy in bumper to bumper traffic, or high speed highway or back road runs. I can take a client to lunch and never have them suspect the car has an alter ego. Being up north, Audi's all wheel drive is second to none. I imagine the S5 is even better. Hope you find what you are looking for. tom
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Ed I hope it works out they a a good dealer (as good as a car dealer can be) they help out the local PCA with DE's etc.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Hey Ed, Randy Biery (spelling?) is the sales manager. He is a good guy.
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005