Thread: Anyone know the German dealer: Theisen KG?

Anyone know the German dealer: Theisen KG?

I'm redoing the bodywork on my RS replica at present to 911ST style. As the car is dark blue, I think I will base it on this dark blue/signal yellow SAMSON car.

I have tried without success to find some more pictures of this car, see:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=18328

The December 07 issue of Octane magazine shows, I think, this car for sale at the German dealer: Theisen KG - http://www.thiesen-kg.de/uk/

However, it doesn't appear in their stock list (might have already sold?). An email asking for colour pics has gone unanswered.

Does anybody know them that could assist?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

this is the car in question:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Her's a shot of the car I took at RR III in November during Sunday's Concours showing. Sounded even better than it looked.

Good Luck

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

I'm afraid I have to disagree with Hugh Ryan...

I believe all the OLDEN KOTT/SAMSON Tobacco sponsored cars were black up to '74. In fact the Kremer winning '73 RSR Hugh says is #885 left the factory 1010 Black (I know that's not to say they didn't paint it... but?) From '74 on the Samson cars seem to be painted Albert Blue/Signal Yellow... At least that's what Scott St. Peter told me...

Here is their '70 S/T, '73 RSR, '74 RSR

Hope this helps,

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

thanks john - however, that is the 74 RSR car. i'm looking for shots of the earlier (longhood) 911ST car.
    Cheers, Ryan

thanks chuck - the #54 really looks blue in that pic. (plus the pic title is "blue with yellow")

you can also see it briefly in part 2 of the Ruf history in youtube.

the theisen ad mentioned its been restored by stimming (and someone else whose name i forget). whilst it won't affect my plan, it would still be nice to see it.
    Cheers, Ryan

Chuck

I think you are correct on the black v blue for the earlier cars.
    I don't think there is much difference (in an old photo) between black and the very dark blues and certainly some of the photos look as if they might be blue.

There is no doubt that the later cars were Albert Blue which probably influenced my view that the earlier ones were blue as well. (as did the dark blue colour of the packaging of Samson tobacco)

Also I have a couple of factory posters of the 1973 Samson car (winner of Porsche cup 1973 and European GT winner ) where there are blue tones on the car and the car looks like a very dark blue.

However I now think these are tricks of the light or shading.

One of the things i picked up from the new book GT 1970 - 1975 (thanks again Curt) was some pictures of the SAMSON cars - one of which was black before the sign writing went on (pp137)and another (pp 147) of the RSR where the caption mentioned that it was "formally completely black".

It does not help with the earlier ST but I think tips the balance if favour of it being black not blue. and Chuck's photo of it looks the "blackest" of all the cars

here are two pictures of the RSR one from the magazine cover could be blue , the other taken fairly recently but with the car in the same condition as when it was photographed for the magazine is definitely black
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776