Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jump on in.....

Lightbulb Jump on in.....

This is something I've been thinking about for awhile... God knows I need a little some'n, some'n after the last couple of days...

The message board has some interesting stats at the bottom of the lead page …

It states we have (today) – Members: 2651 - Active Members: 878

The Registry would LOVE to whittle down the discrepancy between registered message board members and active message board users this year….

We would hope those members who have not posted to please take a chance and actively join our community and let us hear from you… about you … what you drive … and where and how you drive it…

Also, if you feel you’re intimidated in any way by our board PLEASE, please tell us why so we can work on being more welcoming and genial to you first posters………

There’s a whole bunch of you out there that could greatly help expand the experience and knowledge base of this international community……..

Please take the step; we’d love to hear from you....

Welcome Cheers,

Chuck Miller
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

I got to meet a bunch of you guys at RRRIII, and I was totally sold on the people here. A great group of guys (bring more gals next time) the coolest cars and best taste on setting them up. In a time when so many PCA regions don't have a clue that Porsche was building cars before boxsters & 996s, it was refreshing find such a great group of guys!! Just today, I got a package from David Withers, who is down under, with decals from his local clubs, and they are very cool too, thanks again David!!! And thanks to Chuck and all the other guys who make this such a great group!!!
    Byron Von Dwyer,

20+ Year PCA

Active Rennlist Member.
    http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/

Want to Start a Porsche Related Business??
    I'm getting burned out, see my blog for more info
    Byron me911bvd@aol.com
    http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.p...log&blogid=337

One thing I think that could help is if a new member asks a question lets answer it no matter how silly you think it is. As much as we all like to think we no everything the fact is there still much to learn....these are cars and alot of this stuff is open to interpation sometimes there is no right or wrong. Let's all take a step back there is no prizes given here for who has the most knowledge.

I joined this site to learn and share about these great cars and maybe make a few friends I have made a few but also seen the bad side of this hobby and this site is the worst of them all and it has a chance to be the best resource for early 911's but it can't be unless we all work together to make it that way.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Amen, Chuck.

Best regards,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by 911quest
    One thing I think that could help is if a new member asks a question lets answer it no matter how silly you think it is. As much as we all like to think we no everything the fact is there still much to learn....these are cars and alot of this stuff is open to interpation sometimes there is no right or wrong. Let's all take a step back there is no prizes given here for who has the most knowledge.

I joined this site to learn and share about these great cars and maybe make a few friends I have made a few but also seen the bad side of this hobby and this site is the worst of them all and it has a chance to be the best resource for early 911's but it can't be unless we all work together to make it that way.

I ask this without any hostility and in a non-confrontational manner, but would you please eloborate on precisely what you mean by
    "the bad side of the hobby"
    and especially on the reasons why you believe that this is
    "the worst site of them all"

Respectfully, JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

When in doubt, make your first post in "Show your ride"...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Maybe it's just my personal perseption but I have talked to a few guy's that are scared to step up on this site because of the attutde that some of the members of this site have. All "car" related sites have a certain heiarchy to them but since this one still has a relative low number of members everyone has the attitude that I have been here since the beginning so this is my site. I really enjoy the registry for what it is but the other "Porsche" sites don't have the stigma this one does go over to pelican,914world, even the 356 talk list the member of these sites seem to me to be much more layed back sure they have disaggrements, but the posts don't go on for three day's with name calling or what ever. I think it's better for the site have a three day discussion about the cars not the owners attitude. Just my thoughts
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Quote Originally Posted by byron
    (bring more gals next time)

Byron,
    Given some of the photos you have posted we were hoping you would bring them.

Opinion

I agree with Tony for what it is worth. I read this forum every day but seldom take the time to respond. I read it for the technical content mostly and for the ongoing soap operas. Don't post much. Not scared but, why bother. With a few fellow members laying in the bushes just waiting to jump on the slightest thing. Sometimes I read that how would someone with "so few posts" dare to say something or would even know what they were talking about. Or, even worse be someone with an "untrained eye", etc. And the personal attacks. OMG!! Really, do grown men need to lecture each other? I will say though that the few times I have posted I have received civil and informative responses so I remain positive and will stay tuned in.
    Mike
    Early 911S Registry #880
    356 Registry #30248
    1973 911S 2.7 RS spec
    1973 911T
    1964 356C twin plug
    1969 Z28

Thumbs up

Tony, Mike... VERY interesting, thanks.......

The rest out there, PLEASE bring it on.......this thread is for all of us

I just hope we're all listening....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter