Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Possible options for 1970?

Milou,

I am sooooooo jealous......in a nice way ,of course !!

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Hey Milou, any news about your babies? I'd love to read some sick info about them... Come on

JAS
    Human.. All too human

Wink I love them....

I thought I would have a preference for one model over another but on the contrary, I really enjoy them for their differences:

Now some sick info? I spend way too much time cleaning them....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Cool, what are in your opinion the up and down about the T? and what about the S pros a cons?
    Human.. All too human

Wink T vs. S

Obviously the comparison is not neutral as the T is a Targa and the S is a Coupe. Both have Bilstein suspension so it's pretty much the same ride but:

2.2 T engine has much more torque than the 2.2S and is quite quick up to 4.500 rpm, while the S has no torque and all the power comes in from 4.500 onwards. The clutch is much easier and longer on the T (softer springs than the S). Brakes feel stronger and better on the S.

Baiscally, to drive in town or short distances, the T feels much better and is much easier to drive, you don't have to downshift as much and it is immediately quite sporty at low revs. The S is clearly more GT, doesn't like urban driving and takes longer to warm up and feel alive.

The S feels more compact and together than the T which feels a bit looser (Targa?).

The S is certainly a better car under certain circumstances but I'm really not sure the huge price difference with a T is justified. I suspect a lot of drivers would be perfectly satisfied with a healthy T engine and not miss the extra horsepower high up on the 2.2S.

To conclude, I think that it is wrong to consider the T as an entry level car conceived for those who couldn't afford an S. It's serves a different purpose and is very very good at it.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thanks for your input Milou..

One of the things I love about my car is that when I bought it I thought it was just an old regular car. I was surprised about the great car it is.... and HELL its a porsche, it must be great...
    I love the simple things, like the trim that IMO looks nice.. yet my T has S suspension and a T (E P/C, E dizzy, E cams... So pretty much E engine)
    so the ride is nice, the feel about the brakes is incredible.. when I had the other T in my garage the feeling about both cars were so much different as well.. ATE brakes are not the same as Al brakes definitly engine, suspension, response (it was a sporto soo a bit slow)

I think porsche rules no mater what you drive.. still a porsche..
    Human.. All too human