Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Pictures of 911 R at Hockenheim

Anyone Pictures of 911 R at Hockenheim

I am searching for pictures taken at the Hockenheimring 1967 during the presentation (december 1967) of the Porsche race cars. In particular i am looking for photo's of Vic Elford driving the 911 R around. I would like to find period original ones.
    Hereby two 'bad' scans of this particular car.
    Mnay thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

911 R Ben Pon 1967

The following link is a little side track but there is a docu about Ben Pon racing Porsche's that was filmed in 1967 by Jan de Bont. Jan de Bont is also the producer (?) of movies like Speed.

Anyway in this movie you will see vintage race clips, in which of in at least one Ben Pon driving the R which drives like **** at that day. At least he says something like that in German

Regards,

Richard

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opTF1YmPVmk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opTF1YmPVmk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Great stuff Richard!

So much for those vintage sports seats we all crave. Did you see him toss in a couple foam mattresses to sit on and speed off with no belts....
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Richard...

Thanks for posting this...absolutely amazing film.....so well done for the time..
    this is a must see everyone!!!
    Shows just how much safety has come....like the big rocks separating the track from the hot pits....also something about life at the time....duck hunting with a tie on....you just have to watch the whole thing

Thanks...John

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    The following link is a little side track but there is a docu about Ben Pon racing Porsche's that was filmed in 1967 by Jan de Bont. Jan de Bont is also the producer (?) of movies like Speed.

Anyway in this movie you will see vintage race clips, in which of in at least one Ben Pon driving the R which drives like **** at that day. At least he says something like that in German

Regards,

Richard

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/opTF1YmPVmk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/opTF1YmPVmk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    There is a streaming version on the holland doc website...
    http://www.hollanddoc.nl/dossiers/36615716/

It's the one called Passing By. windows or real player version.

Very cool movie .

Die schönste Rennstrecke der Welt. Nordschleife's Avatar

Spreekt u het Nederlands?

Very interesting.

Do we have any Dutch/Flemish speakers here who might add some additional understanding?

The Zandvoort footage must be late in 1967 given the BMW 2002s competing in factory livery. The 2002s with the blue front and white bodies may even have been the factory 2002TiK turbos that were allowed for a short period of time in FIA events?

A fascinating bit of film! Thanks for posting it.

Best Regards,
    Andy
    Early 911S Registry #1246
    1968 Porsche 911 Cotswold Blue/Schwartz #118 35153
    1962 Marcos G.T. 1000 Gullwing historic race car - now sold and racing in FIA events in Sweden
    ---------------------------------------
    "Pro Patria Vigilans"

Thumbs up

FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

All he needed was a scotch in one hand and a cigar in the other when he got into to take his turn at driving. It would fit right in with the no seatbelt or safety equipment. Interesting that when they went to film at his house they did not bother to look in his garage to see what he drives. I love these old films. Thanks for the great find.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Richard,
    Thanks for posting this movie. Great period stuff, although Ben Pon is not driving an R. My guess a 1966 of 1967 911 S.
    Thanks,

Wesayso

Given the crappy download speeds down here I'd like to save this to my computer. Excuse my ignorance but is this possible with the streaming version?
    If so, how do you do it?

Thanks, Cam

Edit: Well that didn't work. I think I have some buffering issues....the soundtrack would play but most of the visuals were stuck on single frames

Just watched the Youtube Version.....anyone else get the impression that Jan de Bont is a boob man!!?
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076