Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F/S GE 40 Cams MFI heat Ex and other stuff

F/S GE 40 Cams MFI heat Ex and other stuff

Hello all
    I have a nice set of cams and towers with all the parts shown for sale.
    They where removed around six months ago and are ready for install to be used again.400.00 + S/H

Also a good to fair set of MFI heat exchangers.
    Cleaned and shot with dupli color high temp primer
    200.00 + S/H

Larger bore 008 dizzy
    CHEAP at 125.00 + S/H

Early oil pump with int drive
    100.00 + S/H

Study pics at http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Ask any questions you like.I want the buyer to be happy.

Thanks

mad scientist
    Are those 4 bearing cams with 47 or 49mm journals?

They are three bearing type used on the early cars.
    There size I'm not sure about, but I would think that they would be based on the amount of journals?

Hello there.

I can use teh cams and towers, please.

Kind regards
    David

mad scientist
    The reason I was asking is that your picture show a 4 bearing cam. However the cam towers appear to be 3 bearing. When the factory switched from the 2.7 to the 3.0 the bearing journal diameter increased from 47 to 49mm along with the increase from 3 bearing journals to 4 bearing journals that support the cam. Some cars in this transition period (and some race cars) had the smaller size and 4 journals.

This means that you could have a 47mm (3 bearing size) cam bearing with 4 bearing journals and the 4th is just riding free without support. Or, The other option is that you have some late 2.7 cam towers that have the smaller 47mm journals and 4 bearing supports.

I have been looking for a set of the 47mm, 4 bearing cam towers and so I was looking for clarification. One can simply measure the cam bearing with a mic or caliper to verify the size. I am only interested in the cam towers (assuming they are the right size) if David wants the cams.

Thanks.

I will try to get the info in the morning.
    Thanks for letting me know!

Did the cams sell? If not, I will take them. I also want the HEs.
    Thanks.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hi, Guys.

No response on cams/towers from the vendor as yet, I'm afraid..

Kind regards
    David

Sorry for the delay David,I had to get to work to pay some bills.
    I did post that I would get with you this morning and found out that these are the 47's.Measured with a caliper they are a little shy of 47.I will sell you cams and towers together and if you wish to part them up that will be up to you.
    They are nice pieces .Let me know so I can get with Kenikh if you wanna pass.
    Regards
    Jimmy

Thanks, Jimmy.

Can I Paypal please?

Kind regards
    David