Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signs that prices are starting to get out of hand

Signs that prices are starting to get out of hand

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW.

That's big loot for a set of used taillights....

Okay, now that scares me.

So, to buy a set of deep 6's, a wood wheel with hockey puck, the front turn/tail lights and a complete tool kit for a SWB would cost more money than some of us initially paid for the entire car!
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

That's big loot for a set of used taillights....
    Apparently they are hard to come by. The highest bidder asked 'us' first and was willing to pay good money ..

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=18771

Richard

WOW....what a sale....now everything in my garage is for sale

youse guys oughta call the parts dept. for your daily driver and find out what replacement light fixtures cost. NOT cheap!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

So? Turn it into an "R" on the cheap.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Get used to it. I had to give $928 for 1 NOS light. The problem is that as the cars become worth more, so do the sum of their parts!

Still looking for the right hand one though!

All red is much cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...3286.m20.l1116

NOS, even.
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Softie
    All red is much cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...3286.m20.l1116

NOS, even.
    The red ones (US type) don't fade, and really only crack over time, the chrome holds up very well.

The Euro ones on the other hand fade dramatically not only the orange turn signal portion, but the red stop light portion as well. The repro lenses that fit these early style lamps are well done, but when you're doing a high caliber car, they just don't look as good as the originals.

This price escalation simply follows the pricing of the vehicles (as has already been mentioned), but I think most of us in the early Porsche world saw this coming as the same thing happened to the 356's as they went pricey years ago.

We in the early 911 world don't have the benefit of many aftermarket suppliers like the 356 world does for many of their parts. This may change over time....we'll see.

Eric

Here's hoping Eric... there are cenrtainly plenty of cars out there... and not everybody wants to pay 1025 for rear lights.

In Australia we use the Euro lenses... fortunately mine a pretty good.