Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Anton's new eBay user name!

Dr. Anton's new eBay user name!

I thought this was hilarious. Check out his user name on this auction. It's lawsuit time!

Mike
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Thumbs down

You have got to be joking...
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Dr Antons Fake Rs

You might be interested to know that I sent Dr? Anton an e-mail some months ago about his fake Rs #406.
    I suggested his car was unsaleable worldwide, given its fake engine #,
    chassis # , production#, paint code etc, and if he attempted to sell it publicly members of the Early S board and others would alert potential buyers
    to its questionable status.
    I offered him a low price for the car, based on the value of an RS copy, and undertook to dismantle the car and destroy numbered components once purchased.
    I did this because he claims to have some original documents pertaining to the real car. He may well have, as his original E-bay information stated his father was the second owner of the car prior to its sale to Japan in 1977.
    Needless to say he did not reply, but I note the car has not been publicly
    offered again.
    I would expect e-bay would not allow continued use of the name of a
    public organisation to fraudulently suggest he is acting on its behalf.
    Maybe the Police should again be alerted to his activities.
    David Withers
    68 912 Sand Beige
    73 911E Sepia Brown
    74 Carrera 2.7 MFI - GP White
    75 Carrera 2.7 MFI Targa - Sahara Beige
    95 Carrera RS - GP White
    02 996 Turbo - Black
    07 997 Turbo - Black

R Gruppe #449
    Early S Registry #1037
    Aust Typ 901 #113

Angry

Guys,

I have a message in to Mike Larson on this, our pretty eBay savvy web master.

However in the mean time, NOT being eBay savvy myself, I'm up for CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions.

Thanks from the Registry
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck
    I think someone with official status from the registry, ie a committee member, who also has an Ebay account to make the process easier, needs to make a formal complaint to ebay using their system of making a complaint about sellers and auctions.(When i last did it over a scam artist it took a couple of hours for them to come back to me.)

The basis of the complaint is that:
    * he is passing off as being, or representing, the registry, a globally recognized expert area on early Porsches.
    * he is not a member and has no authority to do so
    * this action is likely to mislead potential purchasers of his product - early Porsches (with questionable provenance) and certainly is likely to damage the reputation of the registry
    * a possible reason he is doing so is because the registry has exposed him selling fake items in the past on EBAY and this may be a way of getting back at the registry
    * if the old items / auction numbers where he has been exposed can be listed in the compliant to ebay this will assist ebay to check their records
    * finally the registry wants ebay to put this user name on a list of names that cannot be used, either by placing it on a banned list or allocating it to the registry even though the registry will not be using it

I am sure someone on the board will be able to find the link to the right place on the ebay website quicker than me
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I've forwarded a note that included many of Hugh's comments to eBay Security. I am an eBay member. I'll post the reply.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks Peter.........

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Unless the registry is a non-profit corporation, and I don't know that it is, then I don't think there is anything can be done.

eBay may do something anyway but has no obligation to do so

a loose association, calling itself something, does not have any right to the name

I hope Baron doesn't get wound up on this guy because it won't be kind. And deservedly so.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Maybe someone should start a ebay account user name Dr. Anton It would be immature....but the irony
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe