Thread: Need seat help...again!

Need seat help...again!

I can't figure out how to remove the sport seats from my car and have them be separated from the silver colored seat tracks. I need to refinish my seat tracks. My sport seats are on a 73' and will tilt. I know how to do it on a 356...but I'm stumped on this car. As always, thanks.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Sport Seat Removal

Nick, done this more times than I care to remember.

There are four bolts, 13mm I think, holding the seat to the black frame, two in front and two in back. In the picture below you can just see the tubes, running front to back on each outside of the frame, where the seat is bolted to the frame. Remove those four bolts, plus undo the seat belt strap on the door side (the tunnel side is mounted to the seat frame), then lift the whole seat off the frame and out of the car. Best to take the headrest off before removing the seat from the car.

The seat frame and runners unbolt from the car with 8 hex cap screws on the seat runners, two in each corner.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

still not there...

Thanks for the reply, but where I'm stuck is getting the silver sliding seat track away from the black seat base. Your directions tell me how to get the entire assembly separate from the seats.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Nick,
    Since no one else has jumped in here I'll put in my 2 cents worth. It should be obvious but you have to follow Bob's advice and seperate the seat and slides from the tilt bracket by removing the four 13mm bolts then turn the seat over and you will see several allen head bolts. Some are hidden inside the sliders. There is also a slotted screw inside that acts as a "stop" that must be removed. Also, save each of the little plastic seperators that keep the sliders from being metal on metal. As you slide the sliders back and forth you will see them all. Holes allow you to access each allen bolt and the "stop". This is all assuming you have the correct setup.

Good luck,

Daron