Thread: Stupid comment

Stupid comment

Sorry about my stupid comment at the R4 tread. I had my resons, but I do not want to tell and make a big fuss. For those who read it I did not want to put anyone in a bad light, I just overreacted. I think the post I made was only visible for a couple of minuttes.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I didn't read it but I think it's a good gesture that you make your apologies and prevend escalation. We have enough off those so every now and than and it's tire some.

Take care.

Richard

hold on...

Quote Originally Posted by Zithlord
    Sorry about my stupid comment at the R4 tread. I had my resons, but I do not want to tell and make a big fuss. For those who read it I did not want to put anyone in a bad light, I just overreacted. I think the post I made was only visible for a couple of minuttes.
    John
    Wait a minute John- I'm glad you posted about the 911R thread that was removed because I wanted to comment on it. I can say that I'm probably the last person who would fan any flames here, but Duane Hyatt's elitist comments and insults were really the only inappropriate comments. Your sarcastic reply was appropriate given the nonsense that he wrote. Chuck, I don't mean to comment on a deleted thread here, but Hyatt's comments pretty much belittled the majority of members of this board because apparently we aren't all wealthy collectors who "understand" the 911R that Mohlman had for sale. Don't know him, don't care who knows him or who he knows but if he likes shining the shoes of the fat cats in this community that's fine- just don't spew insults and nonsense to the rest of the population on the forum. John, Microgator and Soterik were all posters on this particular thread- guys, if I'm out of my mind for commenting on this then please let me know. I did think it was out of line- again, I would not normally post anything of this nature, but I felt compelled to do so given Hyatt's ludicrous comments...
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

comments

i missed it, what did Hayatt say?

stupid comment

Dear Kaleid,
    I am neither an elitist nor a bigshot fatcat collector! Apparently you misread or failed to understand my reference to two very specific transactions that were the brunt of inappropriate and hurtful comments on this board. Besides that, the selling price of the car is nobody's business aside from the seller and the buyer, unless they want to disclose it. I did not intend in anyway to insult Zithlord or his post. He and I have communicated and we are good with each other, to the point of what I hope will be a continuing friendship, which includes invitations to exchange visits. Sometimes an inadvertent clash results in something good.
    I will set aside any future negative posts or comments with you in hopes that we can move up a notch or two with each other.
    You were pretty hot and that's not all bad, rather that then someone who doesn't stand up once in a while.

Warmest regards,
    Duane
    Where do you live, and are you coming to L.A. next week?
    Duane Hyatt

Quote Originally Posted by 2pt767S
    I will set aside any future negative posts or comments with you in hopes that we can move up a notch or two with each other.
    You were pretty hot and that's not all bad, rather that then someone who doesn't stand up once in a while.

Warmest regards,
    Duane
    Where do you live, and are you coming to L.A. next week?
    Duane,

Fair enough- I will discuss offline with you.

Marco
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Guess I missed it

Guys:

Guess I missed the comments. I think that my post was asking about the R because I am not familiar with it or the value of the car. I just wanted to learn more.....hopefully no offense taken by any in regard to my comments/question.

Missed the controversy, so can't comment further.

Jason

Looks like the auction estimate for a 911R prototype that was presented at the Christie's at the Monterey Jet Center in Sept 06 was about half a million.

Anybody that is a subscriber to the Sports Car Market Platinum Level can look up the results (obviously I am not or I would do it).
    Brad Larson
    67 Soft Window S - Polo Red
    00 Boxster S - Speed Yellow