Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Radio Delete Plate for early SWB

WTB Radio Delete Plate for early SWB

Hello All,

I just bought a 65 911. I need a radio delete plate. The car has lots of patina and will stay that way, so the plate doesn't have to be perfect. I'd like a very nice one.

I promise good pictures when we do a little work on her to show her at her best.

Thanks,
    Alan

69 S Targa Emory Special
    65 911 300839

How do you know what delete plate is from what era? I have several, I can't find them save for these two, they are the same thing, plastic, letters are not raised but they are stamped "Porsche" in the back. (That part has depth on the back side, in other words).

http://wl.filegenie.com/~mncnc/radiodelete.jpg

Thanks for responding!

Here are two pictures of the interiors of very early cars. These are from a registry of 64 911s, but I'm sure the 65s were the same. They both have radio delete plates that look like yours but with silver letters.

Please let me know if you have a nice one that you'd like to sell.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heres a close up of one.....is it running yet??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Thanks Tony,

No, still waiting to pick it up from the PO. I'm going nuts waiting!

Alan

I'm going to hold these for the moment, I'm trying to buy a 65, too. They are the same plates. The 65 that I'm trying for was a race car in the 60's and has not been altered, it may have a plate, I can't remember.

Banned

plate

I have an NOS plate. Please consider an offer.

Thanks.

Frank

An unaltered 65 race car? What a great find! Good luck on the purchase. If it works we all want to see tons of pictures.

Alan

Delete plate

One more 65 looking for a delete plate. If there any not spoken for, let me know. Email is best rcn@jsn.com

Thank

Casey

Hi Alan -

I'm dealing with kind of a quirky guy. The car won the Euro Touring Car championship in 1969, then ended up here. It's been sitting since 1981. Other than the paint it's just as it was in 1969. Anyway, first he was going to sell it, then no he'll retore it, then well if I sell I'll sell to you. So who knows.