Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WT screws for hinge Sports seat

WT screws for hinge Sports seat

Anyone who can help me with screws for the hinge mecanism on my passenger side Recaro sports seat? I have only one as the other three got missing in shipping frome Sweden. I think the seat is a ca 70-73 and is a black cross pattern screw.

I can not find these type screws in any hardware store.

Stoddard carries a lot of the hardware for these cars.

Can you show where they go? (a photo would be nice)

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thanks, will check with Stoddard and the other Porsche parts shops.

Here is a picture of the hinge mecanism with the one original and two unoriginal allen screws:

911 521 126 00
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The original screws are very unique and you will probably not find any that look the same as original. Several years ago I bought a bunch of replacement screws from Autos International. Now I would give Tony's shop (Autobahn Interiors) a call. They will probably have something that looks similar to original.

The screw on the left is the replacement and the one on the right is the original. I had to use an fine grit Emory cloth to match it up with the original.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Anything you will find at the hardware store, has too small of a head. They are not unique to the sport seat however. Buy the next set of ratty non sports seats you see. Sometimes guys give them away. The 912 dismantlers have figured this out, it's amazing what the screws and adjuster knobs bring on ebay.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Tom,

The screws for the comfort seats are unfortunately not the same. They are 6mm and the sport seats are 8mm...x1.25 pitch I think. This is because of the single sided tilt bracket having more shear stress than the two sided comfort seat. A basic fix would be to go to a hardware or find a good fasteners store nearby...or ask Tony at Autobahns as stated above.

Cheers,
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

I have a whole box in the garage although the head is slightly too big (they could easily be truned down to be exact) and the phillips head pattern slightly different. If your not doing the concourse deal them they would be fine. They were sourced from Wurths via their Aussie agent a few years ago
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by mjmoran
    Tom,

The screws for the comfort seats are unfortunately not the same. They are 6mm and the sport seats are 8mm...x1.25 pitch I think. This is because of the single sided tilt bracket having more shear stress than the two sided comfort seat. A basic fix would be to go to a hardware or find a good fasteners store nearby...or ask Tony at Autobahns as stated above.

Cheers,
    You're right. That does make them a tough find.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Thank you all, I will check Wurth here in Norway first, they have a good varied sortiment of this kind of hardware.

I am not going the concourse way, so the screws do not have to be 100%, but I hope I get screws that look right.

I tried the screws frome my 67 standard seats, but they were as stated here to small...

Thanks again for your help!!