Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you to Ray and Dan!

Thank you to Ray and Dan!

What a bitchin day! Perfect weather, cool cars, great people and lots of track time! It just doesn't get any better.

Thanks to Ray for organizing the event and Dan for making it go so well when we were there. You guys are the best!

It was my son's first day at the track and he gets it! Thanks to Marco for telling him how hard it was to get by him during the free skate. He took that home with him and will remember the comment for a long time.

Great start of a tradition and I look forward to doing it again soon. Now, let's start posting those pictures!
    Various Porsche's

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Trask
    It was my son's first day at the track and he gets it! Thanks to Marco for telling him how hard it was to get by him during the free skate. He took that home with him and will remember the comment for a long time.
    Now, Jeff, let's not let this stuff go to his head.

I have to say, though, the 356 Outlaw vs. Alfra Giulia duels were the absolute highlight of my day. What an absolute blast!!!

Thanks to Ray for getting the ball rolling, and LT. Dan Byers for keeping the machine running smoothly. More track time than you'll get anywhere else, great comraderie(sp?) in the pits, classroom instruction and ride-alongs for the fresh blood, and a great cross-section of machinery really made it a perfect day. Everything went safely and smoothly, and EVERYONE HAD FUN!

I think the smile is permanently glued to my face...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Trask
    What a bitchin day! Perfect weather, cool cars, great people and lots of track time! It just doesn't get any better.

Thanks to Ray for organizing the event and Dan for making it go so well when we were there. You guys are the best!
    I concur, and let's not leave out the thanks to Tony and Marco from TLG for the lunch! It was an incredibly beautiful day in the high desert after the recent storms, and having the Penske team show up with the RS Spyder was certainly an unxpected bonus!

I was too busy all day with my car and a blown taillight in the trailer that I had to fix for the drive home in the dark to take any pics, so I'm hoping for Randy and the others with cameras to come thru.

Muchas Gracias to Ray, Dan and TLG,
    TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

I'll pile on here too! Outstanding time!!! Ray, Dan, TLG, Penske, great friends old and new, mother nature, all conspired to make this one of the best must do events of the year. Looking forward to next year already? Thank You all for your hard work and planning to pull this off. Over the top
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Thumbs up Fantastic!!!!!!!!

All my thanks to Ray, Dan, Tony, Marco, and all who made a day SO much fun it verged on being illegal....

PLEASE, PLEASE, send some of your ace photos and may be a small write up of your day at the track to our John Dilger ( who couldn't make it) for a up coming issue of the ESSES......

Again, thanks to all who made an event that will live on for forever...

Cheers,

... more to come
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Marco,

It was a blast and a highlight of my day to play tag with you. Both you and my son would have benifited greatly with sticky tires. Maybe you guys should talk your dad's into a set for next time.

In my view, this is the best fun you can have with your clothes one and you can do it all day long!

Jeff
    Various Porsche's

Thank you to everyone for your part in producing one of the best track days I have ever experienced. I am completely satiated with all the hospitality that was offered (Thanks, Eade, Curtis, Ray, Chris, Mike). My thanks go to you Dan, Ray and TLG for your willingness to make this happen! I will be attending every one of these events I can from now on! What a technically demanding track, a great group of machines to learn on, and the best folks to hang with!

I will send a CD of my photos to Dan and he will distribute them to the participants. I will also send a selection of images to John Dilger for publication in the Esses. Thanks for all the good times (I am still laughing at Mascaro's jokes)!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Thumbs up Too much Fun !!!

Not much I can add to all the great things said already.....!!!! But I'll throw in my .02 anyway, and boy, do we have some winners here.....everyone who was able to show up!!!

....From the awesome wine tasting hosted by Eade & Sherry.......to the beautiful sunny 70 deg. weather....and all the great cars and people who made the day ....hard to top it.

The best RGruppe Track day yet, by far!!

I was also glad to see some new 'Gruppe/S Reg. faces out with us getting a taste of the track and experiencing what it's all about...that made my day

Ray, Dan, Tony, Marco.......again, thank you so much for all the time and effort you guyz put in to making this event as smoooooth and successful as it was !!! Bravo!!

Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I'm hooked . . .

As a new face to the scene it was a great day. Thanks to Tony and Marco for helping me out after my mechanical failure and Dave Buhain for stocking the parts I needed (in his trailer . . . what a stroke of luck) which saved my day.

Got a chance to learn more than I expected . . . with all the track time in both my own car and riding shotgun with others (Dave B. and Chuck M. ) . . . I'm already looking forward to the next event.

Thanks to all for a great day!!!

The Streets

WHAT A GREAT TIME THANKS TO ALL THE PEPOLE WHO PUT IT ON HERES WHAT I LEARNED YOU CAN READ ALL THE BOOKS YOU WANT GO TO ALL THE CAR SHOWES OWN ALL THE PORSCHES OVER THE YEARS AND EVEN IF YOUR BEST FREIND IS THE TOP PORSCHE TUNER IN THE U.S.A. YOU REALLY DONT KNOW UNTELL GET IN THE CAR SHOTGUN WITH CHRIS TALLEN THE NEW HURLEY HAWOOD WHAT A RIDE HE MAKES HIS OWN LINES