Thread: Flanbloc!?

Flanbloc!?

Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice, I'm currently refinishing the running gear on my 65 and have stripped all of the front suspension down. I've got to the point where the cross brace and front arms are the only things still together. The workshop manual says 'Push the suspension arms forward while rotating them on their axis.' Makes it sound really easy doesn't it, but doesn't account for 43 years of being together. The Flanbloc is well held, does anyone have any tip to getting the arms off?

Also, it says in the WSM that the Flanbloc cannot be replaced without also replacing the arm? Surely this isn't true?

Thanks for any advice
    David

David you did remove the allen bolt that secures the rear of the A-arm to the cross member?The rear bushing can be replaced with out replaceing the arm. I believe the Flanbloc was only used on the comfort suspension model which were all LWB.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Hi Tony,

The 65 manuals refer to it as Flanbloc. Is it just a rubber bush, or a metal rubber sandwich?

Yep, all the retaining bolts are out, but it looks like it still has a 43 year old grip on things. I think I'll need to jack the gap apart to release the rubber. Any other ideas?

Cheers
    David

It is a rubber bushing in a metal sleeve some penatrating oil and some back and forth movement should release it.
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

We've done it now thanks!