Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: porsche side decals - advice please

porsche side decals - advice please

Just a follow up post to my earlier one on colour....I have decided to paint my 1970 911T car non metallic aquamarine , a 356 colour as per the attached pic, and cant decide whether silver porsche side decals or white or black would work best........also car has S trim now and wondering about whether to refit the S type side sill covers.....so two questions....which colour do you guys think would go best ..........and sill strips on or off....thanks for your thoughts , paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    70 911 aquamarine

fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paul....
    that's a very nice color...post us pictures when you are done...
    I don't think silver would work....may be white or black...
    how about red letters??

John

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    If you get a paint job as nice as the one on that 356 go white on the graphics. No question about it. It would be strictly, totally, undeniably AWESOME.

And while you are at it I would go ahead and make it even better than what I just said by letting Tony do the interior with a rich tobacco brown leather on the seats; black carpet, dash and headliner. Add a couple of driving lights on the hood ala John Audette (see Post #7 in this thread http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=19066) and let Harvey fix you up with a kickin set of masterfully restored Fuchs and well...................I know I would drool

Go for it!
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

That is a very nice color! I don't really like those wide S trim strips very much, and they trap dirt and moisture. Please post pictures of the final result
    Rob Abbott

thanks for the advice guys.....I too think white for side decals and no sill trims.......I have black leather and houndstooth recaros going in with a redone black interior although the brown would be great too and have 7r and deep six fuchs going on....... anodised and black.....TTG lights already mounted with yellow bulbs too........I am stil debating about removing the bumper trims as well for the hot rod look !

should be ready april/may and will definately post pics.......counting the days now !
    70 911 aquamarine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    The leather / houndstooth in black/white definately works for me. You are going to have a spectacular car. Good luck with it and do post photos along the way.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Paul,

I recently installed white side scripts on my polo red s/r '69 912 (with black & white houndstooth inserts) and I must say it looks stunning. Totally changed the look from a bit stodgy to crisp and sporty. I think you'll definitely be happy with the white scripts. I didn't remove my lower molding but it looks fine as is.
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113

Jack

Do you have a pic at all......would love to see the seats too

Paul
    70 911 aquamarine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JackG
    Paul,

I recently installed white side scripts on my polo red s/r '69 912 (with black & white houndstooth inserts) and I must say it looks stunning. Totally changed the look from a bit stodgy to crisp and sporty. I think you'll definitely be happy with the white scripts. I didn't remove my lower molding but it looks fine as is.
    Hi, could you post some photos of your car?

I have a Bahia Red and I'm doing some work on it.. A m8 from here suggested that I should go Red with silver side decals, but I haven't found that combo, any help would be nice , with white and silver would be nice

You bet....be glad to when I can get one of my lazy sons over to take some shots!
    Jack Griffin
    Dallas, Tx.
    Early 911S #167
    RGruppe #192

'55 356 s/r Outlaw
    '70 914-6 (2.5L owned since '76)
    '85 911 Carrera Cpe.
    '89 911 Speedster (bought new)
    '84 MB 300CD (bought new)
    Gone but great memories - '74 RSR 9114609113