Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Restored 67 911 N on eBay

Nice Restored 67 911 N on eBay

Not mine. Looks pretty darn good. A few tiny nits, like no front overriders (will probably go to Europe anyway). High $45k (starting ) price for a normal but looks to need nothing. Great detail photos too.

Here is eBay link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...em270220126688

Link to photos (no, don't know seller, just passing on info)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/leecarrera
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was under/over/inside this car yesterday. It's probably the nicest SWB car let alone OE car that I have ever seen. It's the kind of car you view with a fresh memory card to capture all the details - just an outstanding car in every way.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Do you ask for the reserve price? Would be interesting to know.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

Quote Originally Posted by 67Porsche911S
    Do you ask for the reserve price? Would be interesting to know.
    With the dollar the way it is, you don't need to worry about it.

-Allen-

Isn't the same one that had every up in arms around this time last year that was 60-70k?
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 911quest
    Isn't the same one that had every up in arms around this time last year that was 60-70k?
    I don't believe so. That car had some glaring question marks. It was being sold as an all original never painted time capsule (and you could clearly see where the gas tank filler had a different color than the rest of the car). This car seems to be soup to nuts restored. And from what I can see, the resto is top notch.

As for Sithot's shorty, I have never seen it in person, but I have seen numerous pic's, and have heard from others including the previous owner, that Shorty is every bit as nice as this one, except not as sticker fresh.
    With really nice 67 S's going for over $70k, there is no reason why a really nice 67 911 normale shouldn't be worth over $50k. Anyone who has been there knows that they are just as expensive to restore, and just as rare to find in this condition. Don't get me wrong, that extra 30hp makes a world of difference. But if hp is strictly what value is all about, we would all have big alu brakes, coil over suspension, and 3.6 motors in our cars

gruen 911

The difference is only 10 HP between 901-05 and 901-02. The N is rarer than S. I wonder if this is Marv Jennings' old car from central NY? It was almost perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S
    The difference is only 10 HP between 901-05 and 901-02.
    Really? Every listing I have ever seen for those engines shows 130HP and 160 HP DIN. I have heard about exhaust restrictions on the early Normals that can be removed for a small HP gain, but 20 HP?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    Really? Every listing I have ever seen for those engines shows 130HP and 160 HP DIN. I have heard about exhaust restrictions on the early Normals that can be removed for a small HP gain, but 20 HP?

TT
    Tom,
    I was thinking the same thing. It was either 130 or 160.
    There is a reference in the Peter Morgan book "Original Porsche 911" though which states,
    "...Internally, the S engine was stronger with nitrided connecting rods and forged pistons. The new exhausts were used on the 901/06 engine for "normal" cars, but their 10hp gain was eliminated by reducing the camshaft overlap, thereby slightly improving maximum torque."

Don't think the seller says it is original paint, only jambs, etc. Well, a Normal can easily be converted to an S in terms of function and appearance. Of course, it is not an S even if a Normal is more rare than a S. Yes: 1600N Coupes versus 1823S coupes! I won't be making mine a S-look however there will be some bolt-ons. Engine-wise will be S+ soon.

-Allen-