Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 72 911T RSR Hotrod F/S

72 911T RSR Hotrod F/S

This is a ’72 911T built by a Bay area enthusiast in the late eighties. The front flares are reputed to be real steel RSR units, which the owner sourced back then. The engine is a RS spec MFI 2.7. I have an expandable file full of receipts on the car, stretching from the early eighties until 1992. I sat down one day with the adding machine, and came up with a total nearing $75,000. There was an owner between myself and the builder of this car, so I don’t have all of the information, but the car is fairly well documented and I’m sure known to some of you reading this.

He started with a rust free, light yellow T. The metal work on the body conversion has been done well, and has certainly stood the test of time. I’ve compared the front flares to some turbo ones I have, and they are very different. I’ve also ground the undercoating off of the leading edge of one of the front flares and confirmed there has not been a piece added to accommodate an early bumper. The rear flares are modified steel turbo flares. They look to have been tucked in the rear, to approximate RSR flares.

The car has aluminum trailing arms and front cross member. Up front it has threaded RSR type Bilstein strut assemblies. The torsion bars are 23mm in front and 28mm in back. The sway bars are stock turbo. The brakes are Bremtek four piston calipers on drilled carrera rotors. The wheels are Fuch 8s in the front and aftermarket 10’s in the rear. It’s currently riding on a set of old Hoosier track tires. The suspension was set up and corner balanced by Racers Group.

The engine is based on a 7R mag case. The machine work was done by Jerry Woods, and the assembly was performed by Jerry Woods, Kahler’s and the owner. The pump was done by Pacific with an RS space cam. The stacks are correct S/RS units. It has custom camshafts and a set of Triad header/heat exchangers. The engine runs well and makes good power. It does need the cold start system either re-connected or set up manually. From the receipts it looks like the engine has about 20,000 miles on it. The owner claimed some pretty remarkable peak HP numbers on the 2.7, but I didn’t get a dyno sheet.

The transmission was rebuilt not too many miles ago by Kahler’s. It also has a Quaife LSD.

The replacement style dash is crack free. The headliner is black and very nice. The seats are late seventies or eighties Recaro. I installed a nice 380mm wheel. I have an Appbiz RS carpet kit for the front and rear that has not been installed.

I haven’t been able to decide which way to go with the car, so I’m selling it as a work in progress. One could either attend to some of the non-period detail items, or use the car as the basis for their own RSR recreation. Either way, when you consider just the current cost of a rust free body, and the steel body conversion, it starts adding up quick.

I’m asking $38,500.

I have a clear title in my name. Emails and comments are welcome. If you are seriously interested I would prefer a phone call: 503-705-1620 (Tom)

* I hold a dealer License in the state of Oregon *
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

More pictures
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '92 964

Yet more pictures
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '92 964

Didn't even know you had that in the stable.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Fender is full of surprises.

Nice looking car!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

PM sent
    Thanks!

Jeeez...first Chris N and now you?....You're killing me....Gorgeous and totally sexy...an absolute "Slut".... / Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Could any of the people alluded to in the original post who are familiar with this car possibly chime in with an opinion? I'm interested!

Sale pending. Thanks guys.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '92 964

Has the car been sold?