Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stating A Price

Lightbulb Stating A Price

Hey guys,

When we started the message board there was a protocol of STATING A PRICE in both the PARTS and CAR classifieds…

The Registry will soon issue some GENERAL RULES FOR POSTING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD
    … and it's about damn time YA'THINK !!!!!...

We will post these soon so hopefully this 'second job' of mine might get a little easier…..

Until then:

No more; 'What's it worth / Give me an offer / What's the best you can do'... OK

Let's please include a STATED PRICE for both parts and cars like we started a long time ago…

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

You mean we don't get to bid against ourselves anymore? Shucks!

Well done.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thumbs up

A big thumbs up. If you want an auction, use eBay.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I too support this new rule. What's also gotten ridiculous is the amount of members in denial of current prices who are all too willing to offer their 2 cents.

It's not wanted, needed and does nothing for the integrity of this board.

Since we are going 'old school' as I interpret it from Chucks comments on how "When we started the message board", let's really clean it up.

Doesn't it make sense to close the classifieds to message posting? Isn't that what the PM is for?

Back when a classified ad was a classified ad, you couldn't post your silly comments or interpretation of the buyers asking price.
    It's annoying, juvenile and uneducated muck.

I usually have a buyer within the first or second PM and hardly ever have an item listed for more than a day or two. For my part, withholding a price was about steering clear of muck makers, not greed....and I don't think I am alone.

I just hope more thought has gone into why prices have actually been starting to be with held in the first place.
    Sincerely,
    Derek

The protocol of stating a price is an excellent one I think. However, I don't agree with you Derek, about the comments. For someone looking to buy a car, the comments can be extremely helpful, pointing out good and bad things, knowledge about the history of a car, etcetera. Of course, the bashing of a car, as we have seen happen a few times, has no merit. But, hey, this is a "forum", the old Latin word for market, which in the old days was used to voice opinions, and that's exactly what's happening. If you don't want to run the risk of your merchandise being critisized (?), don't put it on the forum, but put an ad in the paper or on cars.com.
    To me, the opinions have been very educational and helpful!
    best,
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

new trick

price check???? what's this bull? state a price in for sale thread

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    price check???? what's this bull? state a price in for sale thread
    Totally agree. These 'what's it worth' threads are total BS
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by car-reras
    I too support this new rule. What's also gotten ridiculous is the amount of members in denial of current prices who are all too willing to offer their 2 cents.
    Derek
    Price denial; I need to look it up in PDR.
    I've personally witnessed ETOH addiction denial, drug use denial and the De' Nile in Egypt but never "Price Denial".

If I start a new addiction/affliction group just call me "Bill".

Tom

PS: Name the tune you want everyone to dance to and we'll see if they like the music.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Lightbulb Stating a Price II

Please excuse me for being a little late to this party… a very civil and thoughtful party I might ad. I’ve been celebrating my 59th year on off and on since Thursday afternoon...

There’s many good points brought up here that, believe it or not, I’ve already thought about and considered, and ultimately came to the same conclusion.

Frank Beck is one of the squarest dealing, honest, and productive people and business owners in our community…. and a personal friend. I agonized over the same very logical point he’s trying to make when I finally made my decision to ‘state a price’.

Our classifieds were quickly becoming a problem that I selfishly needed to control for the good of the club, message board, and my own sanity. I first did consider an either/or approach of; ‘stating a price’, or ‘please PM for further discussion and offers’. I then quickly realized why that practice just wouldn’t work. People would immediately ‘blur the lines’, feel slighted, get pissed, and I would have more work.

Stating a price accomplishes a couple of things. It not only makes this message board more egalitarian, inclusive, all knowing at the same time, and non-exclusionary. BUT it sets literal benchmarks for our global community to track trends….

Now, a bit of advice for you ‘players’ …. If you want to be first on the block with an NOS piece of unobtainium where do you look???? For the last twenty years it hasn’t been the factory, dealerships, or parts suppliers. No, if you’re looking for the REALLY cool stuff, and you want to keep it to yourself… CHECK OUT THE REPATABLE REPAIR SHOPS THAT HAVE BEEN IN THE BISNESS FOR OVER 20 YEARS… That’s where the REAL stuff is.

Let me ad…..
    For those asking Frank G. for price he paid for McQueen car, do yourself a favor and consider this. Frank G. has been do’n this stuff for more years then allot of us have been breathing… what makes you think he’ll divulge a trust he has with the seller… who happens to be a Superior Court Judge... AND, don’t you think the price has as much bearing on the trend of 1970 911S’s as $70,000 does on a vintage pair of Persol sun glasses…. Give me a break...

Frank Beck,
    Sorry old buddy, even though I agree with your argument, it’s just not feasible here….. BUT, I think you’ll be getting some very inquisitive phone calls……

You ad much to this message board and to our community..... but

Please state a price

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Right on

Right on Chuck, and VERY well put! Thank u!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....