Thread: Introduction and old question – Idiot sender on 71T

Introduction and old question – Idiot sender on 71T

Firstly hello, long time lurker – first time poster.
    I have the 69 911 with 71 2.2T shown below with new interior, repro seats etc etc. We wil talk more as the year goes on about the 2.2T - S process!!

I cannot locate my idiot light sender to try and get this working.
    I have the pressure sender by the breather (one wire) and temp sender by the fan (one wire). There is no trace in the bay of the idiot sender…..

Can anyone tell me where this is – from another post on PP it appears to be fairly unique on a 71??

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=399039

Thanks
    Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I'm pretty sure the oil pressure sender I pulled off my '70 2.2T engine had 2 terminals. I replaced it with the old 2.0 motors' sending unit with one terminal, which looks just like the one you've got.

Post some more pictures of your car!
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

oil pressure sender 71 T

When you have the numerical oil pressure gauge you don't have the idiot light. The sender for the idiot light gauge would have been in the same place as your current sender. The light at the top of the gauge situated between the oil pressure and oil temp gauges is the handbrake warning light. The later 911's, around the SC vintage did have both gauge and light.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

oil pressure light

Forgot to mention.....I like the looks of that car, glad to have you on board.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks for the welcome and compliment.
    If the weather is good I will take more pics tomorrow during its first 'spirited' drive in the front range....
    Sam