Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brumo's 1973 T

Brumo's 1973 T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem

This car is interesting but I find the bids confounding. It would seem to me that this car would bid up strongly given its "history", low mileage and special features. Opinions? What am I missing?
    Luke
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

I like that car a lot!
    I do not know why it is not getting more interast, maybe the engine colors?

Neat car with an aweful choice of colors for the engine plus that Brumos lettering on the engine.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

The engine type number listed (911/96) would indicate the car began it's life with a sportomatic.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Note that Motormeister is mentioned in regards to the engine....not sure how much work they did on the engine.....but that would certainly worry me!

e

The Michigan Wolverine's color scheme is a nice touch though

Interesting interior, and sport seats to boot.
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Quote Originally Posted by Luke A. Marano
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-...QQcmdZViewItem

This car is interesting but I find the bids confounding. It would seem to me that this car would bid up strongly given its "history", low mileage and special features. Opinions? What am I missing?
    Luke
    Apparently,"originallity" according to the subsequent post from this forum regarding its morphing into what it is now. Nothing wrong with improveing upon what was a dismal begining however it is a long way from AS originally built. The market will decide the answer to the current value based on "who wants to buy this" one of " car. For me I like the improvements as long as they are Porsche stuff. I think it is a better car to own & drive now than with a Sporto so I just put in a bid now. Let the market Do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Note that Motormeister is mentioned in regards to the engine....not sure how much work they did on the engine.....but that would certainly worry me!

e
    The auction states that Motormscheister rebuilt the carb's. Hopefully that was all they did. Certainly I would want to know if the carb's were dismantled and sent to them for rebuild or if the car was left there
    Who knows what they do once they get a car behind closed doors...
    I also find it interesting that the car has no front oil cooler. With the motor punched out to a 2.7 and higher performance spec's, I would think that an oil cooler would be necessary.
    As for the clown colored engine bay, that could be dealt with fairly easily and cheaply. The blue hoses could be switched in a few hours with stock parts, the rain hats could be resprayed black in a 1/2 hour or less, and the fan housing and fan strap could be dealt with easily. All in all, this car seems like a nice deal in it's current price range.

Voiture, you need to remember that comparing this car's value with your SWB 911 is like comparing apples and oranges. Originality vs. performance. This car could be brought back to original pretty easily and the performance upgrade parts could be stripped and sold for good money.
    The price of the car currently seems cheap when you consider that any decent 65-73 911 (non E or S) which is rust free and in good running condition is worth at least $20k in the current market.
    As far as pricing above this level, it is really a matter of performance enhancements or originality. This car offers performance enhancements and history (Brumo's etc...), which will most likely drive the price up another $5-10k.

I agree with your assesment,that is why I aready have placed bids on this car. Although I have a stock one It would be nice to use one with the extra HP. However I do not think I will go to the upper 20s if it would have to be returned to a sporto for value. It is neat other than the engine detail as it is.