Thread: Messko in ealry 911s information wanted

Messko in ealry 911s information wanted

Pressurized Dudes and Dudettes (in fact are there any Chicks? )

What early years did a Messko come with the 911 (toolkit)? Was it a Maroon dual scale one and what was the pouch? Plastic, I assume, grey? Thanks.

-Allen-

Someone may correct me but short wheel base cars came with Messkos, long wheel base did not.

My 66 912 has a Messko and my 70 S has none. 1970 911S manual, 1970 911E manual, 73 911 Manual does not list a tire gauge as included in the kit.

Messkos for Porsche should be red-brownish bakelite plastic - the scale will depend on delivery to US or ROW. My 66 912 with original tool kit is a single scale Messko made in Germany.

I have seen these gauges made in Germany and Switzerland. They have grey and red/orange bags (I am not sure which bag is specific to Porsche). Note that Messkos came with many different vehicles including push bikes. I have seen black bakelite Messkos which are not for Porsche. There seems to be many NOS units still available.

Gotta love details.

messko

Is the US messko single or dual scale?

I'm questioning some of the info above. I think the Messko was the same for all Porsches worldwide for each year. The last 356 one was dual scale, metric and US and came with all 356s regardless of where they were delivered. I think the early 911 used the same one but am not sure. I'd also like to confirm for sure the last year, it was probably 68 or 69.

-Allen-

Has anyone ever repaired one of these? I also got one with an early 912 I owned. The last time I used it the tire pressure popped the lens off. There is apparently an O-ring or seal inside that has failed but I haven't taken it apart.
    Dave Ebersole
    '78 SC
    Registry #873

I also got one with an early 912 I owned. The last time I used it the tire pressure popped the lens off.
    You might be one of the few who is really using his tool kit

Richard

My 67 US car has the dual scale, also with the lens popped off! It was with the car long before they became of interest to anyone so I assume it was the original. It's one of my son's favorite garage toys, he likes to check all of the tire pressures in the garage.