Thread: 7R fuchs , how can you tell ?

7R fuchs , how can you tell ?

Hi I have 1 pair of very nice deep 7 inch fuchs rimms ( the ones with the hart ).
    I have tryed to determine if they are 7R rimms or not , the thing is there is no number in any of the spokes.
    There is only a set of numbers/letters on the inner ring that says :
    F and the next 'hole' 6 70 and then the number 41.

can anyone tell me what to look for ?
    If they are indeed 7R rimms they will be for sale, they are polished and center painted ( never been on the car since ).

Thanks,

Sebastian

This seems consistent w/ a 7R. 7Rs aren't metal stamped; they had ink markings. If they were cleaned or restored, this could have well come off. Photos will help, but if they measure 8" edge to edge, they sound right. How about some photos?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Since they have no tyres on them, the easiest way to tell is the side profile - genuine '7R' wheel look like this (although these wheels have been incorrectly refinished) :
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hi in case it helps, I posted this info on another Posrche forum but also thought I would add it here for reference.

Hi,

I thought I would share some details I have not seen before on Porsche 7R (or deep 7s for a better term) that I have not seen before.

We know that on the deep 7S they originally had the deep 6 part number which is ground off and then an ink stamp part number used. The ink stamps have been seen in black and red. The same with the original "6Jx15".

I have a wheel that shows all the details described above, dated 10/68. (see pics).

I also have a 7/68 wheel that shows that they also just ground of the last digit from the part number (6) and just used a "5" ink stamp. Also the 6 from the 6Jx15 is ground off. I have had quite a few deep 7s in the past and this is the first like this.

Alan

thanks, all for the info, mines have been refinished so the back side is painted black as well, I will try and get the tire of to see if it looks the same.

I cannot see any number thru the paint but the pics of Alan do look alike ( instead you have a E and 68 where I have a F and 70.
    If I look closely to the pics of your rimms I see a little seam/bend running along the rimm near the inside of the rimm, I can see that on mine as well and that got me puzzled a bit , i thought it might have been welded from a standard deep 6 into a deep 7.

Normally I would have not recognised my fuchs as being 7 but because they had wheel spacers on them I tryed to remove the spacers but then the rimms would scrape against the suspension.
    Attached Images Attached Images