Thread: fuel/oil line crimping tool

fuel/oil line crimping tool

Is there a know source for the crimping tool that Porsche, (and others) used on fuel and oil lines. I saw one at Roock Racing in Germany when they were doing a 73RS restoration. When I asked where that tool could be had, their english suddenly went bad. I took a picture from another thread of exactly what I am refering to. Let's see if I can pull this off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rick, the tool you want is made by Cohline. Cohline is a German company that makes industrial fluid lines and fittings, they were the OEM supplier the first time around.

Like most German tools I've investigated, this one is (a) Built like a concrete bunker; (b) expensive as hell; and (c) made more expensive by the weak dollar. It used to be $1,000, it will probably cost you more.

Why don't you ring Lenny, I think he has one of these, and he's in your neck of the woods (well, not exactly, more like your corner of the United States) if you just need a few made up. I have dreamed of buying one but it's easier to have the lines made as often as you need them.

Contact me privately and I can tell you where to source this stuff AND the fittings you may need. . . and perhaps you'd be willing to help a fellow SWB owner out with some correctly "clocked" oil lines with new cad-plated fittings?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Stoddard used to sell the supplies to make up lines. Why can't you use a crimper for hydraulic lines at a local heavy equipment company?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

John, Thanks much. I think it might be cheaper to by the tool then have him do it! Also, the convenience of having it. There are a lot of crimps per car, and I have 5 cars to do now if I take no more work.
    Tom, the crimper is a differant style.

Hi Rick, I have this very tool.

I will charge any member a nominal fee to crimp hoses if you wish.

I also have most of the proper fittings and bulk hose from Cohline.

The current cost for this tool is over $1,500 and the fittings have large minimums making it very costly to stock up.

This is the only proper way to restore hoses for these cars.

Last time I checked with Stoddard the would not do any custom crimping on a per job basis that is when I bought my own.

Thanks Robert

My question is in regard to making the lines IN THE CAR - there are crimps on both ends. I suppose this is only worthwile for complete restorations?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

I remove any line to be restored, photograph it and make a template making note of the hose lengths, clocking, etc..

Re-plate the metal sections or replace with new if necessary and then reassemble the lines with new Cohline sleeves.

It is the only right way and cannot be done "on the car".

Metal flared lines are a whole other subject requiring a different set of expensive tools.

I am currently working on remaking CIS lines which are the biggest problem now for mid year cars.

Cheers

I used an old one to do oil lines on my ex-356. It's very satisfying to "roll your own". Good luck.

Buy it and don't look back. I'm about to drop about $600 for a saftey wire nut/bolt fixture for drilling (not very many nuts and bolts).

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

aturboman,
    I have sent you a email. Thanks, Rick