Thread: Rear parcel Shelf Replacement

Rear parcel Shelf Replacement

Hi All,

I need to replace the rear parcel shelf metal on my 72 E.

Does anyone know where I can buy this sheet metal?

Thanks
    Derek
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe RHD - Blue

Photo of rear parcel shelf
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe RHD - Blue

Your best bet

Is from a salvage yard. I waited for months to find a rust free one for my SWB, to fix speaker cutouts in my case.

Try Jim at EASY www.easypor.com A later, like 72 should be a little easier than an early car.

-Allen-

I think the rear parcel shelf was the same from 72 into the mid 80s, so there should be plenty of candidates at the wrecking yard...which is the only source now. It is still not an easy thing to replace, and there are a lot of spot welds to drill out, both on your car and the donor car. Sometimes it is easier to cut out the complete lower back window frame than to try to deal with the spot welds across the back.

Gib Bosworth

Yes it's good job, but it's not complicated, it just take a lot of time...

I'm presently doing it in my 72 coupe ; I found the rear seats section at the hershey swap meet (from a 71) and the parcel shelf from another wreck car (a 77). Be patient to drill all the spot weld, but at the end nobody will know you replace it !

My photos are to big in kb to be post ; sorry...

JD

I belive that the "71" seat pan is diffrent than the 72's were. Did not the 72's come with the 915 trans. the 71's still used the 901. I do know that the 73 and the 71 are not the same. The trans hump is about 3 inches narrower for the 901's. I think that this has been covered before. I was looking to do the same job on the 71. Thats how I ended up with the 73 car. I have been known to be wrong before. Alot .
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress