Thread: Recently visited Gus Pfister @ Pacific Fuel Injection!

Recently visited Gus Pfister @ Pacific Fuel Injection!

So, last week I took a short drive over to the city of San Francisco..to hand Gus a pump that I need rebuilt for the latter of the two 2.8 RSR (Short Stroke 95x66) Engines I am now working on...

What an incredible place!! Mecca for us early 911 folk. Diesel pumps, Mercedes pumps, vintage boat engines abound. The old-school workshop is awash in little yellow "Bosch" boxes from years past. Several well-used Bosch pump dynos are still in perfect tune.

Of course, that says nothing of the man who inhabits this temple of Teutonic goodness. Gus is a sweetheart, day in and day out, and he's nothing if not generous with his time...indicated most clearly by his willingness to show me around and edumucate me more on the intricacies of Bosch (& Kugelfischer) Mechanical Fuel Injection.

*The pump you'll see on the dyno is a single-row 910 pump.
    *The cutaway drawing is a '69 911 pump.

Enjoy.

-Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

For 25 years I have worked for Mercedes-Benz and have used the services of Gus for diesel and gas MFI pumps, he is the best I know of and would not send my stuff to anyone else! Truly the last of a dying breed! He's working his magic on my 2.2E pump as we speak. Thanks Gus!

Ron

Great thread and photos... Thanks Scott
    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

1971 911e
    1978 911sc Targa (Sold)
    1973 911 RSR (Clone)

member #1515
    Nice to see a picture of the guy who has done work on my pumps for years.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Gus is definitely The Man for Bosch mechanical fuel injection. He rebuilt the pumps for my 1970 911E and my 1970 300SEL 6.3, and both performed perfectly right out of the box. I've seen his shop, and all I can say is that if it's a Bosch mechanical fuel injection part, he has it. He also has all the right equipment, including the original Bosch test stands for pumps, etc. I've been recommending him for more than 20 years and have never heard a complaint, only glowing reports. Besides all that, he's a nice guy.

Frank

He rebuilt the pump for my '73 S. Incredible place and did you see the 917 MFI?? Thanks for the pix too!!
    Dave Pugh
    '73S #493
    RGRUPPE #627
    http://pughmedia.tumblr.com/