Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB Sound Pad

WTB Sound Pad

I am looking for an NOS OEM engine compartment pad for early 70s car. Until recently these were avail from Porsche but they have just changed the style. As I recall it is foam with the visible side a grey thin film like shiny surface. The new ones from Porsche are black and look more like the black SWB ones, that is they are slightly quilted looking but not the horsehair, jute, of the original SWB one. Rather the new one from Porsche is, basically, a lightweight foam rubber. Email me DrRSR@aol.com Thanks.

-Allen-

Are you sure that you're not after the horsehair pad? I recently disassembled a bone-stock 1970T and it had a PERFECT engine sound pad ... it was horsehair.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Well, yes. I think that car has a backdated pad. However, my SWB car could use a VERY nice pad. Please send pics and price to DrRSR@aol.com Thanks.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E
    Well, yes. I think that car has a backdated pad. However, my SWB car could use a VERY nice pad. Please send pics and price to DrRSR@aol.com Thanks.

-Allen-
    The car was an unmolested, totally original 70T, so now I'm on the subject of what's original.

Also, I donated that particular piece to Soterik for one of his projects. Perhaps he hasn't yet installed it or doesn't need it anymore ... I'd check with him and see if he'll part with it.

On another note, I may have the shiny pad that you're looking for. I will check on Monday when I get back to the shop...
    -Marco

Thank you. Here is my 914-6 (and 356C) Circa 1978
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sorry. I could not find the sound pad. Best of luck in your search.

Beautiful set of twins in the above photo, btw. Love the 914 (of course )
    -Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for looking on the pad. I posted the pic for you

-Allen-

Nice picture. You have more from the old days?

Richard

Alan,

The horsehair pad I got from Marco went into a 67S soft window targa.....

Great pic!

Eric

This is a related but off-the-wall question.

Was real horsehair ever used for the floor and engine pads or is this a euphemism for some other material .... like dog hair?

Sherwood