Thread: Price Check on Isle 5 Please

Price Check on Isle 5 Please

Per the suggestions of others I have tried to do a little checking to see what I should ask for some items I may have up for sale soon. Bottom line is that I really haven't had much luck; so what say you?

First thing I have is a complete oil cooling system from a '71S. I guess it fits '69-'71. I literally have everything from engine cooler to the front radiator including all the line and oil tank w/thermostat; except I don't have the oil line that go through the body. I don't know if thos should be sold as a set or broken up, nor do I have any dea of the value individually of collectively.

I also have original Koni S struts with inserts. I think these were used from '69 -'72. I powder coated these the original red/orange color (nut not over restored); but the inserts probably need to be rebuilt. I seen where somebody sold an NOS set for $500, but I was thinking mine were worth about $300. Is that price too high or too low?

I also still have most of the original sound deadening materal out of this car but I don't even know if there is a market. I figured somebody might need it if they are truly doing a correct restoration. But how desirable could it be since every car should have it. Should I just toss it?

Input welcome,
    TIA

I will take a shot. Koni struts, assuming these are 3.5" C to C between caliper mounting bolt holes $300 would be the HIGH end not out way out of line. The complete oil cooling system that is much tougher, does the front cooler leak? They are known to be fragile it would need to be cleaned and pressure tested to know for sure, do you have the stone guard for the front cooler? Are the thermostat fittings in good shape, they strip easily. There are other issues but to keep it short my .02 the system should sell as a complete setup, price $500-$550 complete + shipping and I would not break it up. I may be out of line/touch but will be corrected in short order here A used S bumper sold fast for 1K with a long line behind the first responder and I would have 'guessed' $750 high end. Then again I know someone who paid what seams to be an outrageous price for a pair of 67 sport seats and tilt brackets 'ME' because I JUST HAD to have them. This early 911 market is now fast moving, very fluid and not an easy target to acquire these days.The "sound deading material" I'm not sure what you are referring to the pad in the engine compartment? Mark S
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

If the sound deading is of use for a SWB as well, I am interested. I am not doing a full concourse on my car but would like to use as much original parts as possible. I will PM you my email address for further info.

Richard

I'm not sure if this is the same as for a SWB car. Somebody else would have to answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS
    I will take a shot. Koni struts, assuming these are 3.5" C to C between caliper mounting bolt holes $300 would be the HIGH end not out way out of line.
    I assume you mean for the S ("A") calipers, which of course they are.

The complete oil cooling system that is much tougher, does the front cooler leak? They are known to be fragile it would need to be cleaned and pressure tested to know for sure, do you have the stone guard for the front cooler? Are the thermostat fittings in good shape, they strip easily. There are other issues but to keep it short my .02 the system should sell as a complete setup, price $500-$550 complete + shipping and I would not break it up. I may be out of line/touch but will be corrected in short order here
    The oil cooler doesn't leak, but it does need to be cleaned. We only took it off the car to put a bigger one on. I have the shroud, but its bent up in area where somebody else installed lines for an extra cooler. All the fittings and everything are in good shape.

A used S bumper sold fast for 1K with a long line behind the first responder and I would have 'guessed' $750 high end.
    THATS INSANE! I sold Ed Mayo a two S bumpers a couple years ago. One for $250, and the other for $100 I think. But they did need some work.

Then again I know someone who paid what seams to be an outrageous price for a pair of 67 sport seats and tilt brackets 'ME' because I JUST HAD to have them. This early 911 market is now fast moving, very fluid and not an easy target to acquire these days.The "sound deading material" I'm not sure what you are referring to the pad in the engine compartment? Mark S
    The engine pad, as well as all the junk found behind seats and interior panels. The only thing I don't have is the pre molded foam piece that goes under the rear seats. I gave those away already since they were taking up too much space.

I guess this partially answers my question. ...and I was thinking the whole system was worth $800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...217885414&rd=1