Thread: 1974 Porsche 911S with Sunroof – ORIGINAL OWNER! $23,500

1974 Porsche 911S with Sunroof – ORIGINAL OWNER! $23,500

I purchased this car off the showroom floor in 1974 from Vasek Polak Porsche in Hermosa Beach, CA. The dealer ordered the car with a Carrera "Ducktail". Since it wasn't a Carrera, I replaced the Ducktail with a standard deck lid. In addition, I had it lowered two inches and installed Carrera Flairs to prevent the rear tires from bottoming out on the wheel wells. These changes were made in the first month of purchase.

At 160,000 miles (1988-service record available), I had the engine and transmission rebuilt. All the newest engine upgrades were incorporated (Carrera tensioners, studs/inserts, valve guides, etc.). The rebuilt engine and transmission have less than 40,000 miles on them. The car was professionally repainted in its original color (black).. Since it has always been garaged, the paint is still in excellent condition.

Mechanically, the car is in top shape and it has never been in an accident. The car has air conditioning, but it needs repair. The radio antennae needs to be replaced. The interior needs some work: the dash has the usual cracks; the headliner is original and needs to be replaced and the seats could be reupholstered.

This 911S was to be my last Porsche, but I drove a new 2008 Carrera S and decided “just one more”.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

1. FS: 1973.5 911T Targa- 100% original including paint, 1 owner since 1974- $65k
    By CVLCPorsche in forum For Sale/Wanted: Early 911 Cars, 1965 - 1973
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 03:34 AM
  2. Looking for the owner of 1974 911 RSR VIN 9114609063
    By ThomasTe in forum General Info
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:17 PM
  3. 1974 Porsche 911 Coupe Non-Sunroof
    By ennisk1 in forum For Sale/Wanted: Other Porsche Cars and Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM
  4. 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa 2-Owner SoCal Survivor