WTB: Factory 901 Short Shifter

Prepared to pay competitive price.
    Pls PM.
    Regards Peter
    S Registry #1445

1970 911 FIA racecar pastel blue
    1971 911s (sunroof) black
    1974 911 3.2 RS tribute aga blue

Still very interested. Much appreciated if anybody can help.
    Regards Peter
    S Registry #1445

1970 911 FIA racecar pastel blue
    1971 911s (sunroof) black
    1974 911 3.2 RS tribute aga blue

WTB factory 901 short shifter

To the best of my knowledge that doesn't exist, don't believe they (factory) ever made one.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

An option...

I was not happy with the slop in the original 901 shifter...no real center-sprung axis (2-3) in my race car. I found a short shift 915 shifter and used the Seine Systems (Sherwood) gated conversion. The shifting is extremely precise, and sprung to the 2nd-3rd gear plane. No potential for nicking reverse, and missing a shift will be difficult now to accomplish. Obviously, not factory...but IMHO better and safer for the engine...and still uses the dogleg shift pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo
    To the best of my knowledge that doesn't exist, don't believe they (factory) ever made one.
    Yes, they made one. I had one and sold it to a list member. There was NO doubt Edit: now I have some doubt TBD it was factory part. The pattern was VERY tight and the effort much increased.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have one, too, but not for sale.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E
    Yes, they made one. I had one and sold it to a list member. There was NO doubt it was factory part. The pattern was VERY tight and the effort much increased.

-Allen-
    Allen - please clarify the difference between Factory Short Shift and Weltmeister for 901. TX!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Interested to know the difference too!

I recognize the "Weltmeisterish" spacer and the shortened shifter and would be interested to know the difference between the two kits as well. I've never seen a factory SS kit either. Very cool.

Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    Allen - please clarify the difference between Factory Short Shift and Weltmeister for 901. TX!
    Bob,

I can't help on that. The lever point has to be different or the bottom point won't reach, so it can't just be a spacer (at least at is what I think) However, I do admit I couldn't find a part number for it.

-Allen-

Thanks Allen. IMO, the is no genuine factory short shifter for the 901 - just the aftermarket Welt. I had one - hated it - removed it - installed all new fresh bushings - live with it.
    I will post pics from Panorama 1967 of what they called back in the day a "quick shifter". Very mickey mouse.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com