Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS - Early S Case & Crank

FS - Early S Case & Crank

All -

I have tried to describe condition as best as I can, but do not have the ability/tools or knowledge/experience that some of you have. Prices do not include shipping.

Early S stuff:

1971 2.2L S case - Type 911/02, #6310021
    Has case savers installed, no squirters or oil pump mod. A few case perimeter studs have pulled and one chain housing stud has been replaced by an M10 allen head screw. One intermediate shaft cover stud and one engine to trans stud are missing. When I tore down this motor, I had the impression that the PO had driven it hard and put it away wet. I don't have the ability to check the main saddles, but would expect them to need work. Asking $1000

2.2S counterweighted crankshaft. I remember that this crank measured standard/standard, but can re-check and post measurements. Has not been magnafluxed or checked for straightness. Needs only polish. Asking $750

Attachment 45681

Attachment 45684

Attachment 45685

Attachment 45686

Attachment 45690

Questions are welcome.

Thanks, Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Price adjustment before taking them to Pelican / eBay:

2.2S Case now asking $750

2.2S Crank now asking $650

both + shipping

Thanks,

Kevin

I am interested in the crank and would like to get first dibbs. Please measure the crank and report back.

Richard

'71 case and crank

I'd be interested in the pair if available,thanks Bert

Bert -

Its going to be a bit. I'm taking the crank and rods in for magnaflux, measurement and inspection tomorrow. Assuming that the parts are in spec, Richard will have first crack at them. Are you interested in the case alone?

Kevin

S Case & Crank

Kevin ,possibly...but preferably together,thanks Bert

I am interested in the crank - does that put me 2nd in line? I need a std/std 66mm crank. - Mark allaircooled@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by kgrizard
    Bert -

Its going to be a bit. I'm taking the crank and rods in for magnaflux, measurement and inspection tomorrow. Assuming that the parts are in spec, Richard will have first crack at them. Are you interested in the case alone?

Kevin
    Any news re. the inspection?

Richard

Not yet - I'll give him a call on Monday to see where it sits. The order is for measuring each bearing journal and documenting same, check for straightness and polishing the journals. Rods are being checked for big end within specs and rebushed.

Did the case ever sell? If not I am interested...