Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Early Hood Badge

FS: Early Hood Badge

This one is in great original condition with amazing Patina. No cracks in the enamel and no dings or significant blemishes. Perfect badge for an original early 911S car. I know these go for stupid money, but just don't know how stupid. Best offer gets it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gruen,

Am sending PM now.

Thx,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Someone asked for measurements. Didn't know they came in different sizes.
    Height is 6.5 centimeter. Width is 5.0 centimeters.

state a price

Garth, why not put a price, per this sticky, even if that price is above what you have seen before, ie silly money? Say $500 if you want. As it is, you will just have a bidding war from those who get up early. We got one for one member, from another member for $75, because it had some patina, and the seller just wanted it to go to a good home. Other ones with patina have gone for $300.

All the best,

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Karl,
    You may be right. I have had 5 offers already and they are all over the place. Okay, my ask price $550 + shipping.

Gruen

My offer withdrawn. I am not sure how you are playing this. Seems odd to ask for offers via pm and then post up a price. Should be one thing or the other.
    Good luck with the sale.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Mike,
    I didn't mean to stir up the muck. I thought the best way to handle this was to solicit offers. As you will read above, there were others who felt that stating a price would be the more appropriate thing. Either way someone feels slighted. I did appreciate your pm offer.

Gruen

No harm done. Couldn't have met your asking anyway so wouldn't have bid if I'd known how much you were thinking. Tax on arrival and shipping would make that a $700 badge to me Best of luck on the sale.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Wink An asking price with best offer closing at a set time

Perhaps a way to proceed is to state an asking price (in your case USD 550) or the highest of offers received by .....(date and time).

This gives a fair chance to everyone to pitch at a number they want, you may even obtain the full asking price you seek, and you still stick to the policy of mentioning a price.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Perhaps a way to proceed is to state an asking price (in your case USD 550) or the highest of offers received by .....(date and time).
    ebay's offers exactly the same thing w/ the only difference that you (as a seller) have to pay a sales commission?

I think the purpose of stating a price is to prevend an auction.

Just my $.02

Richard