Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving a 69S.

Saving a 69S.

I have been infected with a virus. Its symptoms include the uncontrolled urge to purchase old Porsches. My wife thinks I need help....counseling.

I know it is worse; it is an infliction to be burdened with for life.

My latest purchase is a 69S. It is a California Garage Find. It appears not to have been driven since at least 1999. It has traded hands a few times and now I have become its caretaker and savior. This car is no Hester. Excellence magazine is not in sight. This car has a better chance of being found in the pages of Psychology Today or better yet in the court filings of a divorce proceedings!

Through a little research and help from the pelican and earlyS brotherhood I brought in the experts to assist with the rebirth. Tony and Marco from TLG Auto and Dick from Best of Show Coachworks assisted with the removal of the car and the dividing of the project. Tony and Marco will handle everything except the bodywork which will be for Dick and his crew of technicians. The interior will be handled by the Guru, Tony Garcia of Autobahn Interiors. A group of passionate Porsche experts.

Here it is my "Barn Find"

86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

You say this car bounced around a few times....is this the car with the rebuilt engine, and everything was there except I think the seats? Didn't John Audette from Oregon once own this car? Kind of bounced around the west coast for a couple of years?

E

Looks like a good project and your hot rod looks good as well!

If you want to put pics on here and Pelican both, simply upload them to your Pelican thread and before you hit enter, copy the "link" for the photos and past them here on the early S

DC
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Great pics, Luke!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thanks Dave for the help w/ posting. My 3.2T is in the shop getting a respray and some minor bodywork completed. Now that I can post when it is complete I will get it on the show your ride thread.

Eric, The car belonged to a Curt Anderson at one point. At least it appears he rebuilt the motor. I am not really concerned about its lineage at this point. All I know the car has passed through quite a few (12) set of hands and now is the time to bring it back to life.

Kenik, Thanks. I am going to try to post the project as it moves along. Tony and Marco from TLG Auto really knows these cars. It will be fun to document. I just have to figure how to do it from the East Coast.

The removal was fairly easy.
    Dick in the maroon shirt.

Tony supervising the rigging.

Rolling down the highway....following Tony's DD a 3.0 carrera.

Here is a rare 74 in the TLG shop... very sweet!

Bad news from the day....the consensus feeling that I did the seller a big favor.... the good news...the car had never been hit!

This will be a different type of project from a different perspective. Not quite the DIY, speedo / chris's 67, or even the perspective of the professional shop that pelican tech or Early S is accustomed to.

This will be a misguided adventure of the inflicted!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni
    Bad news from the day....the consensus feeling that I did the seller a big favor.... the good news...the car had never been hit!
    bah, you never pay too much for an "S"...maybe just too early
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Good for you, Luke! Have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni
    This car is no Hester.

....This will be a misguided adventure of the inflicted!....

Luke,

Just make sure your wife doesn't see any receipts or she will have into counselling before you can rev to 6,000....

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44