Thread: Anything Porsche going on in Scotland

Anything Porsche going on in Scotland

I'll be spending next weekend near Edinburgh without a set schedule, anyone know if there's anything Porsche or car related going on?

Thanks
    Henry

I live with a lady from Dumfries, Scotland. Nothng but pubs, rain and junkies from what she says. Bring your woolie sweater for the castle tours.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Edinburgh, great place .

Not really any Porsche or major car events on this weekend.

There is a small Volkswagen show on near Edinburgh (www.volksfling.co.uk) over the weekend. If you are that way inclined.

You could visit the Knockhill circuit but there is only bike and car track days on this weekend. (limited chance of seeing porsches).

However, I would recommend posting on
    www.ddk-online.co.uk

The UK forum focused on pre'73. There maybe a chance of meeting some locals and enjoying some car chat and light refreshment.

Last point. You can hire boxsters locally if you want to explore the great local roads around lothian (watch for the speed cameras though).

Cheers!

Scotland

If I was in Scotland it sure would be tempting to drive by Edmond Harris's business.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Thanks Bruce,

I am into VWs, sounds like fun
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by marksgtv
    If I was in Scotland it sure would be tempting to drive by Edmond Harris's business.
    You are going to have to get your map out and check locations. You cannot 'do' Edmond Harris with a 'drive by' from Bonnie Scotland.

Mark, it's a bit like saying 'oh, you're from New Jersey, do you know my friend Jim, he's from New Jersey'

Henry

Enjoy your visit. The VW show should be good. Also a big event (not cars) on at Blair Atholl (beautiful place) this weekend. Annual Inspection by the Laird of his Highland troops (only private army in the UK)

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Well if you do decide to visit the show at Bigger (about 20-25 miles south west of Edinburgh), you will find a nice relaxed family style show. There won't be any uptight competitions.

If you are planning a visit, post a note on the local VW club forum. (http://messageboard.lvwc.co.uk/) and you will be sure to meet some of the local characters.

Thanks Guys, still trying to decide what to do, the VW might be the winner though
    Henry