Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have put my 1967 911 on Ebay. Original Aga blue.

I have put my 1967 911 on Ebay. Original Aga blue.

A few of you have seen this car at cars and coffee. The car came with my very early 1965. I have enjoyed getting it back together and driving it, but there are
    6 more waiting for attention! Please don't be too rough on it, it is not being represented as perfect ;-). It is still pretty tough to find a SWB that got through the 80's with not much more than a rocker trim removal and the mandatory tornado mirror!
    The car is numbers matching. The Werkstatt receipt for the tranny will confirm the number. I can pass on copies of the receipts

The link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...m300226040300&

Thanks,

Erich
    Last edited by ErichW; 11-08-2014 at 05:59 AM.
    Early 911S Registry #263

Erich,

Nice enough car. Something is wrong with some of your pics; they are too small. Always a dilemma on where to start, or have reserve. IMHO, your start price is too high to get any action going. So why you have no bids. You might want to bite the bullet, start low and put a reserve on even if it costs something to put on a reserve. Good luck.

-Allen-

Thanks Allen,

I have allways started my EBAY auctions with the lowest number I am willing to take. For me it is that I do not want to waste peoples time, with that said, that
    might not generate enough attention. I am sending some more pictures as requested.

Thanks,

Erich W
    Early 911S Registry #263

Great color. Very nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I dig the car, Aga is great. I looked at an Aga Blue with white leather interior '67 up in Madison, WI a few years back. Had a 2.7 in it, ran pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ErichW
    Thanks Allen,

I have allways started my EBAY auctions with the lowest number I am willing to take. For me it is that I do not want to waste peoples time, with that said, that
    might not generate enough attention. I am sending some more pictures as requested.

Thanks,

Erich W
    Erich-
    While some have said the number is too high to generate interest, I am only commenting that I agree with your style of not having a reserve. It is frustrating to chase a number and not to know what the seller is thinking. Good luck with the sale.
    S Registry #1229
    1972 Light Yellow 911T (RS look currently, ST replica coming)
    1984 Black/Black RoW 930 Turbo
    2004 Black/Black 996 GT3
    1971 Metallic Blue 911T Sunroof Coupe
    2007 Atlas Grey Cayman S (My First)

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have been offered to stop the auction early, but do not like that as well. If the EBAY auction sells the car, I will donate 1% to the Early 911S Registry. This is a great club
    and we need to support it.

Erich
    Early 911S Registry #263

Erich,

I really like the look of the car with steelies on it and no side deco....kind of a 4Cam car look in a "sport purpose" mode. Would be interesting to see it with the flat Carrera type deco on the front and rear bumpers or tape, and then a talbot mirror on it.... hmmm may have to do that to one of the cars....

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver21
    Erich-
    While some have said the number is too high to generate interest, I am only commenting that I agree with your style of not having a reserve. It is frustrating to chase a number and not to know what the seller is thinking. Good luck with the sale.
    Maybe so, but there is auction psychology and it is good to get it going as a seller. Plus, as a seller, it is good to test the market. Finally and again only in my opinion, the minimum is too high for this car. It needs a lot of stuff and even with the engine work, the starting price would be a high selling price. It MIGHT get there with some active bidding. Note: no bids yet.

-Allen-

Quote Originally Posted by Dr 911E
    Maybe so, but there is auction psychology and it is good to get it going as a seller. Plus, as a seller, it is good to test the market. Finally and again only in my opinion, the minimum is too high for this car. It needs a lot of stuff and even with the engine work, the starting price would be a high selling price. It MIGHT get there with some active bidding. Note: no bids yet.

-Allen-
    I cannot disagree that the auction psychology gets people onboard and wanting to win. Even EBAY addresses that in their ads. I have basically been offered full price to stop, but I totally hate that when I want to bid on a car. In fact it just happened today with a UR Quattro that was on EBAY.

I did send some more pictures as requested.
    Early 911S Registry #263