Thread: 67 911S Wiring Question

67 911S Wiring Question

I have a leg of wiring harness in my trunk that is only partially connected. The five wires are in one wrapped part of the harness. The wire colors are one of each - yellow, red, green, brown and black. At some point someone got creative and cut the end off the harness and then jumpered some of the wires using an 8 pin bullet style flat connector. The bodged end of the harness was hidden (very well indeed) under the heater hose for the Webasto just behind the fuse block. The other end of the harness goes through the trunk pan (by itself and in a hole next to the main harness) and seems to go towards the rear of the car (maybe towards the floorboard relays). I know I can waste an afternoon tracing the wires out, but I thought if one of you wiring gurus might have a ready idea of what these wires serviced I could save myself some time. (also didn't see anything obvious on the wiring diagram) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Patrick

67 911S

Does the car or did the car have fog lights?
    Tony Proasi

52 split window coupe

It does have fog lights. They seem to work, but they are not wired in keeping with the wiring diagram. The wire colors don't match up for the fog light switch though. Maybe the cut wires are from the fuse block???
    Patrick

67 911S

Another Electrical Question

In looking at the electrical diagram I noticed that one wire for the fog lights crosses over other wires at the fuse box. There is a white square where the two wires cross. What does the white box denote, if anything?
    Patrick

67 911S

That is an aftermarket harness for something, it's not part of the car. Trace the other end, I bet it's stereo gear.

The white boxes don't mean anything, there is one on both ends of the wire to make it easier to trace on the diagram.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Or it could be a relay for something__

87a

like that.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by pacarguy
    I have a leg of wiring harness in my trunk that is only partially connected. The five wires are in one wrapped part of the harness. The wire colors are one of each - yellow, red, green, brown and black. At some point someone got creative and cut the end off the harness and then jumpered some of the wires using an 8 pin bullet style flat connector. The bodged end of the harness was hidden (very well indeed) under the heater hose for the Webasto just behind the fuse block. The other end of the harness goes through the trunk pan (by itself and in a hole next to the main harness) and seems to go towards the rear of the car (maybe towards the floorboard relays). I know I can waste an afternoon tracing the wires out, but I thought if one of you wiring gurus might have a ready idea of what these wires serviced I could save myself some time. (also didn't see anything obvious on the wiring diagram) Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Post good pictures of it and I'm sure we can accurately tell you.

-Allen-