Thread: Oct 19th Fall "Oktoberfest/ Pomona Swap Meet"

Oct 19th Fall "Oktoberfest/ Pomona Swap Meet"

Oktober Fest October 19th, 2008 Pomona Fair Grounds

As some of you know, there is NO fall event for a combination Porsche swap meet, car show, cars for sale. See thread on No Ventura Show elsewhere on this board for discussion.

So... in cooperation with the owners of the Pomona Swap Meet, we can have our own happening for Porsches within their event.

1) If you are a commercial or private vendor, sign up for a space NOW ! You can do this thru www.pomonaswapmeet.com. Please mark on your application Porsche only and whether you are private or commercial vendor. CONTACT ME at tremotorsports@gmail.com to let me know you signed up. I will coordinate with the swap meet to keep the porsche vendors together.
    Why sign up now? The more we get, the better the chances "our" space is exclusively Porsche

2) If you are coming out to sell a car , or want to park in the Porsche Corral, contact me. The swap meet will pre sell the space to you ahead of time. This way we can organize a PORSCHE ONLY parking area ! You will get a pass in the mail allowing you entry anytime on Sunday morning (Saturday afternoon for those selling cars wanting a prime spot to park overnite)

Roll call for those going (5/24 commit)

Vendors
    1) Performance Products
    2) Porsche Market Letter
    3) TRE Motorsports (also representing GTS Classics Seats)
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Dave,

This is also posted on Pelican.

World Class Motoring is interested in participating as a vendor. Please contact Doug@worldclassmotoring.com with the information to sign-up.

If the email servers do not talk nicely to each other, let me know and I can relay communications.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Just got an e mail from Dave with the Wenol metal polish. He has a booth in the Porsche / VW area at each Pomona event.

He has just graciously invited, someone from our group of enthusiasts, to attend the swap meets from not till october.
    We can use a table in his booth to display, cajole, invite, distribute info about the "Oktoberfest '09" !
    Very cool and thank you for the support; That shaded booth is a god send in hot weather months

So.. Who can volunteer for the following dates? I will organize it with the meet owners so your entry is comped (after all we will be improving their bottom line too !)

June 1st
    July 13th
    August 24th

You can volunteer for one or all. Would prefer at least 2 people , so you can take a break and go look at other stuff

This is what I was talking about- creating some cross promotion and help to make THIS event fun and successful.
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Hey Dave...

I sent a message to your TRE box.
    At your convenience, please let me know...

Thanks - highly appreciated.

Cheers
    r/Thom