Thread: Trade 1969-72 Sports Seats for 73 double locker sports seats?

Trade 1969-72 Sports Seats for 73 double locker sports seats?

I have a 73 911E which has a seatbelt warning light, and the seats should be double locker slider mechanism.

I have a pair of Sports Seats from a 1971. The seatbelt sender can be added to the seats themselves but I believe the sliders are different for a double locker.

Any chance someone has a pair of double locker 1973 sliders, or even a picture, and would be interested in getting the correct slider for your car. I just want to trade to make my car as stock as possible.

Anyone? This might be a long shot. Email me ALLAIRCOOLED@yahoo.com

Hi,

The seat belt light was added in 72 and even though the seat belt wiring could be added the frames are specific to having the seat belt warning light. Basically the difference is minor in that they have extra few holes for the wiring clips.

Here are some pics of the 73 twin locker.

I have a full seat of seat belts and all the wiring for the seat belt light if required but alas no more 73 seats.

Thanks

Alan

Thanks Alan, those pictures help.

Eric L. sent me an email, he said the double locker started later in the 73 production year. My car was built in September of 1972 so it may not need the double locker to be correct.

I guess I should pull the current seats from the car and check them to see what kind of locker it has.

Making your car so correct is a pain, but fun!

Let me clarify on the double lockers... it was a 73 model year change from single to double and it happened early in the 73 model year. So if you have an "early" 73 you could have had single lockers.

Eric

My '73 has single locker on the sport seats with a build date of 11/72. With a Sept build date, I would think you would have the single locker as well.

Seat Police have spoken.

So I guess all the trouble of changing to double locker over single locker is too much effort for my car. I will just add seat belt sensors.

I love the expert info you get on this board!