Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice 71 Tee.

Nice 71 Tee.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/car/708898263.html

Not mine. Just passin along the news............
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Dibs!!!

(does that work here?)
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Boy, that didn't take long to sell. The posting is deleted already. What was the deal with the car?
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Left 2 msgs and said i could be there this afternoon w/ $$ in hand. Haven't heard back but still hoping......

Have my sawzall ready to tear out some shelving in my garage so she could sleep soundly next to my '70!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

I "bought" the car....but then wait a minute

I scan craigslist everynight using a search function just to see what is out there (really looking for a 2.2S motor) and low and behold this little nice T popped up. Long story short finally got ahold of him this morning - talked the vehicle over - felt comfortable to send money transfer this afternoon. At the end of the conversation asked for some additional pictures to be sent via email...45 minutes went by and nothing. Called him back and he stated "sorry but I am taking the car off the market". His reasoning is that he received over 150 emails in one day and realized that he severly underpriced the car and will be taking it to a collector car appraiser to get it appraised and then will relist the car in a couple of weeks. I must say though that this gentleman (Herb) was very nice and apologetic...

It seems that this is happening more and more lately where people are selling items at a specified price and then backing out of verbal deals once they see how much action there item is getting... (this has happened to me on a set of fuchs, a 70T coupe and now this 72).

agree. if the guy has loved the car and taken care of it to the point that the pics suggest he deserves a fair price.

reasonably priced SC on there a little further down as well.

do you suppose that's leaf green? jebus i'd love a leaf green car like that in the garage.

we can always hope the appraiser reads Excellence!!!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

That car was in the local PCA newsletter for at least a month or two. No price was listed.

I didn't call because it was red. Well, that and spousal approval...
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

I went and saw the car on Sunday and made a (what I consider to be) generous offer on it and hope he sells it to me. It is a nice fairly original driver, but it is not perfect by any means. It has had one fair at best respray in Irish Green but the respray is slightly lighter than the original, and the gentleman hit a deer which necessitated replacing the hood (you can see the front support has been reworked). He said there was some minor rust repair on the front and rear passenger side fenders and there are a couple of bubbles showing, other than that I could not find and rust (but the floor pan under the P/S rear seat was pushed up ???? not sure why). 2nd and 3rd synchros are slow and he has the MFI tuned, in his words, "to run rich." Took a bit to get it started, but still drove and stopped well (looked like new rear calipers), has what look to be the original 15in Fuchs. Interior is a bit tired, but is complete and original, dash is cracked, d/s seat torn etc. Motor was supposedly rebuilt at 100k and has 167k or so now (odometer works on and off per owner). Says it is the original, but I did not check the number, same with trans. Parking brake lamp flashes constantly, some extra wires and brackets from a removed CB and a non-original radio. Guy seemed really nice and has owned it forever and decided to downsize.

So based on all this I still offered considerably more than the 11,900 he was asking and told him to give me a call if he got a better offer and I would consider beating it. It is local and rust free and would mean that the project Targa I bought could be its parts car.

OK, I got my cars mixed up.

It's a red '70T that's been advertised near here...different car than this one...carry on...
    Todd
    '71T 3.2 Spec 911 #806
    '69 BMW E9 Coupe

86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"