Thread: 915 shift housing with FSS and Gate Shift kit

915 shift housing with FSS and Gate Shift kit

This is a factory short shift (FSS) kit and Seine Systems Gate Shift kit installed in a rebuilt early 915 shift housing. Both are brand new. The Gate Shift kit comes with a factory warranty. Bolt in and you're ready to go.

The FSS kit provides a 24% reduction in gear-to-gear throws, and the Gate Shift kit adds spring tension to the 1st/2nd gear positions. In neutral, the lever is centered in the 3/4 shift plane. See the archives on the many favorable comments for this shifting accessory.

The GS lever tab is attached to the lever with a clamp which can be tack-welded in place following final adjustments in your vehicle.

The parts have been modified per the procedures described here:
    http://www.seinesystems.com/ShiftHousBluPrint.htm

The regular web price for this combination is $375.00 with the factory shifter. For the same price, you get a brand new factory short shift kit. The shift housing shows some cosmetic defects despite the polishing (see photos). If you're going to use the shift boot (rubber or leather), this will not matter at all. In fact, I'll include a rubber shift boot with purchase. Functionally like new.

Works with 901 gearboxes with a minor modification.

Sherwood
    Seine Systems
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shifter

Hey Sherwood,

Does the price include installation at the next Cars and Coffee??!!
    J-P
    S Registry #949

JP,
    Let me know and I'll bring some tools and a BFH. Should be a bolt on with a few minor adjustments.

Sherwood

Some have asked about the mods to install with a 901 gearbox with 5th in the 915, reverse position.

We remove the reverse lockout pawl (see photo), then spring tension normally keeps the middle gears (2-3) as the default neutral position, with spring tension alerting the shift into Rev/1st and 4th/5th.

Sherwood

Bolt-in and Go...

Sherwood...if still available I'll take it!...Let's see if it works for my "goofy" 915 in the Blue Car...so the rubber-boot will cover up everything,then?...

My e-mail: larsw@westmarksales.com

Thanks / Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Sorry. Thanks for everyone's interest. Sold to Slow911 who pulled the trigger first.

Lars. The boot is a semi-cover. If used, a slit in the side allows a snug fit, but part of the tension mechanism shows. A leather boot would cover it completely.

Sherwood

PS: I can make up more units, but usually with just the factory shift lever. I have a couple with the "in-between" shifter used in '85-'86 (about 10% reduction). If anyone is interested, contact me.