Thread: Motorstadt Show

Motorstadt Show

I've been to 100s of car shows, but have never entered a car. Too much sitting around I guess and I tend to use things like Brillo pads to get the bugs off my cars (just ask Cornpanzer). So the annual Motorstadt show at VW-Audi North America was Sat and I decided to go to try to network with some local Audi people. I entered my quattro, mainly so I could get a good parking spot I left before it was over, but I guess I won a 1st place trophy! Great, now I'm going to have to go out and buy a box of Q-tips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

CONGRATS!!! .....

Q-tips are cheap...
    Theripy for obsessive complusive disoder is not...

Great look'n Quattro bud ......

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

You will be drummed out if you show up at La Ditch with Q-tips.

That car won because it is special, congratulations on a very neat get.

BTW it is OK to enter shows but no Q-tips!

Curt congrats on the WIN !!!

PM sent...

Thanks. Hey Bob, if you ever come across your fotos of the factory ur quattro you guys ran at the 24 hour race at Mid-Ohio ... I'd LOVE to see those. Who was driving again? EFR, Jim Trueman and ?????

Hi Curt,

I will check at Don’s shop to see if he has any photos, I have not come across any as I have looked thru the old negatives.

This was a bit of a one off deal. In 1983 John Schenider had bought the ex-Al Hobert built 924Carrera GTR from Bruce Levin and converted it from Trans Am spec to GTU and was running with EFR. As Jim Truman was putting together his plans to promote a 24hr event at his track Mid-Ohio, John and Jim were approached about running a Quattro in the event by Jo Hoppen. John and Jim agreed and John bought the car and had it delivered to Don Istook’s shop to prep. John, Jim, EFR, and Don were the driver lineup. In the event a driver asked that the boost be turned up and as a result the motor did not live the full 24hrs. After the race the car came back to Don’s shop and was repaired and given back to John Schenider, who drove it some and then it just fell off the radar.

That was one fun car, talk about a car making the driver feel like Superman.

Have fun with yours, just don’t turn the boost to high and remember “you are not bulletproof”.

Bob

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Actually, Curt didn't even bother to officially enter the car, until about halfway through the show. People who wanted to vote for it, but couldn't find the number urged him to sign up. And it STILL won!

Nice car, I'm getting old enough to remember lusting after the Quattro before I could even drive in 1981!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391