Thread: Carbs to MFI conversion electrics

Carbs to MFI conversion electrics

Hi

I am converting my 71S engine from Webers to MFI. I have done all the mecanical changes but have some questions on the wiring. In the picture I have marked some wires with 3 arrows with different colors.

Green - Are the yellow and black/red wires for the sensor on the breather cover?
    Yellow - The yellow/red wire, is this correct?
    Red - The red/white wire was curled up in the harnes with some black tape, what is this wire for?

Another question, where do the wires from for the micro switch on the stacks come from?

thanks
    john
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I wish i could help in this as iam going to convert my car from carbs to mfi soon i have a question where did you get these new fuel lines as im gona need them 2

I got them from Supertec in the US! BTW I now know where the wires should go. To day I got a new 1970 911S in my garage, original color shifer grey! Its a friends car up for restauration...

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

iam glad you found out what they are for thanks alot for the tip. please keep posting your progress and what have you done so far i think this thread would be very intrestiong and helpful for people like me .