ENG# 6231468
    44,200 Original Miles
    Gemini Metallic Blue on Black
    5-speed 915 gearbox
    Clean California title
    Zero Rust
    Complete Restoration

Offered at $74,990
    The price includes shipping to anywhere in the U.S., Europe or Aisa...

(Taxes/Duties are the responsibility of the buyer)

This car is AMAZING. It is probably one of, if not the cleanest and best example of a low mileage 911E in existence. This car just went through an extensive cosmetic restoration. Over $35,000 was spent on the paint/body and interior alone. The car was stripped down to the bare metal and any rust was addressed. The body panel fit is incredible and the color is truly stunning. Even the underside was completely redone to the correct factory finish.

Best of Show Coach Works in San Marcos, CA just spent 5 months repainting the car and we have over 200 photos documenting the progress. This company does a lot of paint and bodywork for Pebble Beach Concours cars and the work shows. I have not seen an early 911 with better paint and body. This car is ready to compete in a PCA national event!

Autos International cleaned up the interior with a new NOS dash, restored door panels and pockets, NOS headliner, and restored rear parcel shelf. Even the door sills/thresholds are new NOS pieces that look amazing. Harvey Weidman found 5 correct 02/73 date stamped wheels and restored to look like new. His work is fantastic.

With extremely low original mileage, great options, and over $55k in recent receipts, this is a very collectible car. Plus, they made fewer E’s than they did any other model.

Mechanically, everything on this car has been gone through. From rebuilding the brakes to resealing the engine, no expense was spared in making sure that it is mechanically ready to go. Scott's Independent looked at the car within the last couple of hundred miles and commented on how nice the mechanicals were.
    Recently, I drove the car about 100 miles and was surprised at how tight and responsive it was. In fact, Patrick Paternie (who has written several Porsche books) also drove the car and was impressed at how much it drove like a new car.

Details include:

Factory “S” package
    Original Blaupunkt radio included (CD player currently installed)
    6” OEM Restored Fuchs original with new tires
    Factory sport seats (original stock seats included as well)
    Factory A/C (completely rebuilt with new parts including updated rotary compressor…original compressor is included as well)
    Full Cosmetic Restoration (all receipts and photos documenting process)
    Chain tensioners update
    Turbo Valve covers
    Engine reseal
    Complete engine service
    Rebuilt MFI and new throttle linkage
    New brakes, tires, and batteries
    New muffler and SSI heat exchangers
    NOS headliner
    NOS dashboard
    Original factory stock seats are included...one of the frames has a slight bend to it but there are no tears/wear marks

All books, records, tools, etc. are included

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-668-0345 or paul@autokennel.com or

For tons of photos, go to: www.AutoKennel.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

1966 BMW 1600 (one of first in U.S.)
    1967 VW Beetle Sedan (Honeymoon car)
    1984 Porsche 928S (Hindenburg)
    1986/1973 Backdated 911 Coupe (R Gruppe/La Tortuga)
    1987 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo
    1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S
    1999 BMW M Coupe (Race soon to be Rally)
    2003 Jaguar S-Type R Supercharged (family hauler/rain car)
    2004 Porsche 996 GT3
    2005 Chevy Express 16-passenger van (for hauling everything else)

http://www.autokennel.com

If this is a 44,000 mile car; Why would it need such extensive restoration? It almost seems counter intuitive. A 44,000 mile car would have great value due to its originality not for a high end restoration. See earlier softie discussion from last month. A high end restoration would be associated with a high mile car or a car in need of extensive repair.

$89,990 also seems to be an off the chart value for this car. It was earlier listed in the $52,000 range; what am I missing?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=17825
    &highlight=Paul
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Strange marketing!

Okay I re-read the earlier ad. It states they can not guarantee the mileage.

Very strange marketing when you read the two ads together.

So I assuming that this is same car that has gone through fresh resto and that earlier ad was pre-resto?
    Phil

What kind of a "restorer" puts a repro mirror on the passenger door?

Also, the color looks to me to be closer to Blue Metallic than Gemini. Hard to be certain with computers and digital cameras, though.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Good luck with that.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by Macroni
    If this is a 44,000 mile car; Why would it need such extensive restoration? It almost seems counter intuitive. A 44,000 mile car would have great value due to its originality not for a high end restoration. See earlier softie discussion from last month. A high end restoration would be associated with a high mile car or a car in need of extensive repair.

$89,990 also seems to be an off the chart value for this car. It was earlier listed in the $52,000 range; what am I missing?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=17825
    &highlight=Paul

Luke-
    Thanks for finding that thread. I knew that was the same car but couldnt prove it. I also thought that the 44k original mileage was disputed as of the last attempted sale, but it was left out of this description. I am also curious as to the major leap in asking price if the 52k didnt get any bites. Or maybe it is for sale again with the new owner's profit margin built in. I would also be curious to know if the records/history were "found" since the car is again listed as original mileage.
    S Registry #1229
    1972 Light Yellow 911T (RS look currently, ST replica coming)
    1984 Black/Black RoW 930 Turbo
    2004 Black/Black 996 GT3
    1971 Metallic Blue 911T Sunroof Coupe
    2007 Atlas Grey Cayman S (My First)

Price comparision

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=20574

Here is another that I thought was under valued but not by $40,000.

I am restoring a car by the same shop. I am hoping for the same type of appreciation.

The market will decide what this car is worth pure and simple.
    Phil

i thought these discussions were to take place some place other than on the ad. no?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!