early reg #1128

OUCH!!!
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

I am certainly glad that he is doing well.

I have been advised that a terrible incident happened at the Can-Am vintage event this past weekend at Mosport. The driver was in a former Jacque Villeneuve car.

Very sad news from Mosport indeed regarding Dino Crescentini.

http://jalopnik.com/tag/dino-crescentini-crash/
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Unhappy

Thanks so much Juan .....
    This was the first I've heard about Dino... He was an acquaintance of mine and a very good friend to many of my friends... Have already made some calls.

Dino helped his dad run a very successful Alfa and Italian parts warehouse here in SoCal back in the day and went on to a very successful racing carrier in all types of cars including the later TransAm and SpeedSport sedan series.

He was a generous, funny, and smart guy who drove the wheels off of anything he was in.... The last time I saw Dino was at Willow where he entered his 996 street car, that he and his wife drove in with, in a time trial and copped second fastest time of the day ... in his street car....... he was a REAL racer......... and he'll be greatly missed.

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Sorry to have been the bearer of bad news Chuck.....
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Lightbulb

A tragedy all the same.... but ... after some frantic calls, believe or not there was two racers in the States named Dino Crescentini. The racer who died this weekend was 62 years old and raced pretty exclusively in vintage cars like his Alfa powered formula car and the Wolf he lost his life in. The SoCal Dino Cresentini is under 50 years old, and still races pro, semi-pro, and vintage... I learned the two have been mixed up before...

Our thoughts go out to the East coast Crescentini family...
    While fate has tipped so the West coast is breathing again.... life is strange

... and so it goes... un-freak'n believable

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    A tragedy all the same.... but ... after some frantic calls, believe or not there was two racers in the States named Dino Crescentini. The racer who died this weekend was 62 years old and raced pretty exclusively in vintage cars like his Alfa powered formula car and the Wolf he lost his life in. The SoCal Dino Cresentini is under 50 years old, and still races pro, semi-pro, and vintage... I learned the two have been mixed up before...

Our thoughts go out to the East coast Crescentini family...
    While fate has tipped so the West coast is breathing again.... life is strange

... and so it goes... un-freak'n believable

Chuck

Chuck,

I believe the Dino that we know is is on a "Scuba" holiday in the Philippines!

Chuck

Dino was at this year's Mitty. He was parked down on the third level at Road Atlanta. He had this Can-Am car and a CanAm motorcycle.

I attended the HSR Watkins Glen event two weekend's ago. I didn't see Dino's car at WG. A few guys from Fl (Juan, it was some of the Predator team) attended the WG event and then went to Mosport. They didn't see what happened but indicated it was Sunday morning and the rest of the day was canceled.

Those cars were blindingly fast and dangerous in their day. Now, people are building and installing even faster engines.

RIP, Dino.

Arrow

Those cars were blindingly fast and dangerous in their day. Now, people are building and installing even faster engines.
    I saw them race in the day and they were devastatingly fast....like watching the F1 of today, you really couldn't believe how a car could go into a turn THAT fast...

This from VP Racing's web site on Brian Redman by Bill Oursler:

"That year (1977), the SCCA had mandated envelope bodies for the F-5000 single-seaters, rechristening them as second generation Can-Am sports cars. Unfortunately, not everyone got everything perfectly right, as Redman found out when travelling at 170 mph his Haas/Hall Lola took-off and flipped at the top of a fast rise at St. Jovite, Quebec. Taking nine months to recover from injuries which included a broken neck, sternum, ribs, shoulder and bruising of the brain - from which his wife Marion states he has never recovered!"

... and so it goes
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter