Thread: Fs: 1966 911

Fs: 1966 911

$11,500 - SOLD

1966 911
    Chassis# 304879, engine# 908047 type901/05, gearbox# 226075 type902/01. Odometer shows 32,343 km. Originally sold through Sonauto in Paris. I have put about 2,000 km on it. It runs great, pulls very strong and sounds amazing!

This car is in desperate need of narrow bodywork. Perfect for a 911R inspired track car. Since moving to the mountains I’ve determined I need a snow plow more than I need this early 911. I will be sad to let it go.

I’ve had this car since Dec. 2004. The previous owner had it since the early ‘80s and took it completely apart and repainted inside & out and did the typical widebody conversion including mandatory Vitaloni mirrors. Flares are all metal and on the existing SWB fenders. The bumpers were also modified to match the flaring. All in all it looks a lot better than the short hood, big bumper conversions. It has always been garage kept with the previous owner in California and with me in dry, high desert Utah. The paint is shiny but there are areas on the rear wheel openings where the paint has flaked off and also some scratches and minor dings here and there.

I am told the engine has been rebuilt in the early ‘90s by a former Andial technician to 2.2 S specs but I do not have any documentation. It sure feels like more than 130hp, even at 7500 feet above sea level! When I got the car it had about 150 miles on the engine according to PO. It has Weber 40IDA carbs which were disassembled and thoroughly cleaned right after I got it. It has new SSI heat exchangers although it has developed an exhaust leak recently which goes away after it warms up, new gaskets and barrel nuts should take care of this. It had the stock airbox when I got it(which I still have and will include with sale) but I changed it out for rain hats and K&N filters from Pelican. I have also installed a pertonix ignitor.

Front shocks are Boge housings but I don’t know what the inserts are. The rears are Koni adjustable. I am not sure what brand the wheels are but the fronts are 7.5-8 inches wide, the rears are 10-11 inches wide, 15 inches diameter each. Tires are like new as far as tread goes but they are old, however they are not dry rotted or cracked. They are a little out of round but are much better since I have been driving it and have had them balanced. Fronts are Pirelli Cinturato P7 size 225/50VR15, the rears are Pirelli P7R size 285/40VR15.

The interior is pretty bare. All it has are the gauges, some very comfortable ‘80s vintage Recaros, dash and door panels. The door panels are from AppBiz. They are the RS America style and I had the dash, upper door panel trim, and knee bar recovered in matching black vinyl. The steering wheel is a Momo Monte Carlo from a Ferrari 308. I have the covers for the front bumper fog lamp openings as well as the torsion bars hole covers. I do not have the horn grilles. I do have a front hood emblem but it is not an orange bar emblem.

Please PM me for more details. Include a phone number if you’d like me to call.

Thank You,
    Brian

edited: I don't believe that it has been down to bare metal as initially stated. There is evidence of blue or dark paint under the red in some areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian
    early S registry #756 (formerly)

Sold

My car has sold.

Thank you alekzandr for the wonderful selling experience. Enjoy the car!
    I look forward to meeting up again down the road.

Thanks also to all who inquired.
    Brian
    early S registry #756 (formerly)