Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Defender fans

Peter, you should check out www.d-90.com/forum where you will find out all you need to know.
    25 year rule applies so you can bring in 1984's for the moment.
    PM member evilfij (Ron) as he has a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of these things as well as knowing which importers are on the up and up vs those that are not.
    I have heard good things about a d90 forum member Doug in Maryland, but would be very careful about SkytopRover in Philly. As you search for info on importing, you will run into lots of guys who will promise to get you what you want.
    There is also a guy on d90 forum called Pendy (Jim Pendleton, NE) who had a nice conversio for sale, but I think it may have been a 130 Cab.

If you do get a 110 in the $40's , you may still need to spend on fixing various issues. There was a rather nice 110 that sold last week and was for sale for months. It had a 2.8 diesel and the guys name was Peter Carey, I believe. He was giving 18% of selling price to charity iirc.
    Probably why I remembered ;-)

If money was no object (or just to see some nice projects) google East Coast Rover in Maine (Mike Smith's shop). They work with Copley Motors in Boston.
    Copley always has nice no stories trucks and has good rep.

Let us know how it goes finally.

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Well, first off thanks for all the great information!

Raj,

The stick was my initial question to my wife as she was the one who fell in love with these things on a recent trip to Germany. And, at least for now, she is all on board driving a stick every day. But, like you say there are means for converting the trans.

I may be going against the purist wave, but, have seen some 110's updated pretty nicely with new motor and trans...and more modern leather/heated Land Rover interiors.

http://www.northshoresportscars.com/

This place is local and has a 2 door D110 in their inventory. Nicely updated for $29K. Wondering if you can convert it to a 4 door?

Karl,

Thanks for the references. I am quite familiar with Copley, a while back they had a modern Zagado bodied Aston that I was talking with them about. Their stuff is always of high quality.

Had a look at the East Coast Rover shop...did not know they were behind the nice ones at Copley. Along with that and the D90 Forum, plenty of a great resources.

I appreciate the input. And still have a few months to pull the trigger on something.

Peter

Land Rover

If there is anything in the motor industry that represents the heritage of British ingenuity and simple engineering concepts that actually work (better than anything else in the marketplace) then Land Rover is it................................................ .................................................. .................

Now owned by the Indian company Tata!! ................whatever next, I am just dismayed at this turnout of events.

They have just gone cap in hand to the British Taxpayer for 130 million pounds to let Land Rover survive and we have handed it to them on a plate.

We should have taken it back to British ownership and let Tata get back to making tiny town cars for the price of a large MacDonalds for the home market (none of which will ever be sold in Europe cos they don't have a hope in hell of passing safety crash tests)

Thank you for this thread.

Regards
    Mike (still upset)
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Reviving an old thread, Land Rover Defenders are something I keep an eye on, especially like cool ones and this certainly qualifies!!! It's for sale...$30K, seems reasonable, only down side, it's RHD, may be worth the price of the conversion to LHD.

BUT, talk about exclusivity, doubt you will EVER cross paths with another one!

http://www.ericsmusclecars.net/newan...-Defender.aspx

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another thread revival..

I love these things more than anything.
    Im trying to do a deal on a new D-90 here in Australia.
    Hopefully, all things considered I can post pictures next week.
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

I heard once say, and I concur: you need only two cars, a classic Porsche and a Land Rover (defender/series).

This was while living in Malaysia.
    We had a 109 SIII there for two years.
    Great fun.

IMG1_0013.jpg
    Slate Gray, Red Leather, 1968 912 HWT

My 2009 defender 110 has seen 50000 commuting km, and I would not change it for anything. Next spring the General Grabber street tires will be changed for some serious mud terrains, perhaps Good Year Wrangler MT/Rs.

Here is a picture of me from about 1974, nothing has changed...still have a camera in hand and will be standing in front of my own LR..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Is anyone familiar with Copley Motors in Boston? They always have a nice selection of Defenders for sale.
    JEFF BRINTON
    ESR #1572
    1968 911N
    1974 914 2.0L
    2023 Macan
    SOLD - 1967 911N / 1968 911L / 1967 911N / 1969 912 / 1991 964 C2 / 2013 991.1 / 2008 987 Cayman

Car #26
    http://www.londoncapetownrally.com/entries.html
    In Kenya right now, headed south and doing well!